EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Dubai
9 Posts
I few of my friends in the past have moved to Dubai and its ment to be very nice out there for the kids and adults is it?
Maryjo.

who did you buy your apartment through.
Is there a web site with any info.
Are the properties very expensive.

Thanks for any info.
Dianne
Diane, We bought our apartment through G.I. Group. They have offices in London and Dubai. Our studio apartment was only £36.000, but the prices do vary quite a lot depending on which "country" you go for. International City is being built in themes of different countries. Mine is Persia. I liked the look of the architecture of "Persia" with their domed roofs etc. If you key in Dubai properties for sale you will get lots of different sites on buying in Dubai or yoiu can try http://www.investorsprovident.com or http://www.godubai.com. International City is the cheapest you will find but I think it is going to be a good investment as the area is going to be huge with so much in it including shopping, restaurants The Dragonmart even a hospital. It is also going to be very near a new theme park style complex called Dubailand. We are going to Dubai in June and someone from the Dubai office is going to show us around International City. Our apartment wont be completed until near end of next year but we will see some completed apartments an what is completed in international City. If you want more info you can send me a private message or just post here. Thanks Mary
Thanks Mary.

Going out now. Will send pm later.

Sounds interesting.

Dianne
I have looked at Dubia property myself. I have a mate who's lived there for about 4 years now. She loves it as it's extremely safe for a single women over there. They just don't tolerate the stuff we do in the UK now!
8/9 months good weather there. With 2 months of extreme temperatures. Although a lot of places are large and air conditioned like most hot places!
One point of interest. She and her flatmate have just bought a flat together after renting together. This is extremely complex in Dubia as there laws do not permit 2 people with different surnames to be named on a title dead. To do with their religion and no cohabiting etc. Not sure how it was sorted but it was!
Does anyone know more about this co-habiting law as my son and his fiancee had been thinking of going out to work in Dubai and were intending on staying in the apartment we have bought on International City. They are only considering it at this stage, but this no co-habiting law may be a problem. Thanks,
Hi Mary,
It only applies when buying a place! My mate has been renting with her mate for a few years without problems. It's just Dubia law prevents 2 different surnames on the title deeds.
Hi Richt, Thanks for that. Now my son and his fiance can continue with their plans. Cheers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.