Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We visited and found it extremely expensive for everything from Booze to perfumes etc. Some of the pricing was exactly the same as the UK :yikes We wouldn't visit again I'm afraid as there were better bargains to be had in other shops within resort and in the airport.
Hi agree - there are 2 now in Naama and both over priced and not very well stocked. Perfume is dearer than UK and booze forget it. I buy mine for 12le a bottle for scotch, voddie etc - ok only Egyptian but hits the spot when you get used to it. Also smokers can get ciggies L n M from Metro for 47le for 200.
... sorry yes you will need to take your passport so get it back from reception.
hi

we used the duty free shop last month to buy fags , they cost us £5 for 200 craven A , 50p a packet not bad .
its very easy to find , its just around the corner from mcdonalds and take your passport . we paid in sterling.
andy................
But it is very hit and miss as to wherever they have anything in stock when you visit. Sometimes we have gone and the shelves are empty.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.