Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
If Retymnon was as far west as you got the you have not yet seen the best of Western Crete, in fact the best of Crete in general. From Chania west you have the best scenery (especially mountains), the best beaches (Falasarna was recently voted best in Europe and Elafonissi is stunning), the most natural Cretan villages and cuisine....even Zorba's mountain! You've also got great night life. Of course if you're looking for drunken Brits throwing up in the street and fighting then head east and enjoy!
Thanks Richard. No, we got further west than Rethymno as we hired a car and saw quite a lot of the fantastic western part of the island, although there remains more to be discovered there for us.
I was wondering about exploring the East & I don't think either Elounda or Aghios Nik fall into the category you're describing. I read glowing reports of both places but my main concern was whether travelling on the last week in Oct. is a good idea. I.e. will there be tavernas open or is this just too late in the year? The weather seems to stay very warm late in the season so thought Crete might be a good choice for a last blast of sunshine before the winter.
Any thoughts anyone :?:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.