Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
The prices are very good but I couldn't help but notice there is a lot of small print.
Just found airline network and their prices seem ok for what I want, a 4 X 4 in kefalonia, June into July, 14 Days for £455. Everything covered. Other places are asking £550+.
£455 :shock: :shock:
Me and the wife could have 2 weeks holiday for that!
Surely you must be able to get it cheaper than that?
Try in your resort on your first day of your holiday. I bet you pay nowhere near that amount.
We could get a car a lot cheaper.

That was if we were going to Spain out of season, but as it's in Greece where it is a lot dearer, into the peak season and it's a 4 x 4. We could get a Fiat Seicento for £239 but I wouldn't want to be stuck in a little box like that for 2 weeks in all that heat.

We had a 4 x 4 in Samos last year and being able to go off road along tracks that only 4 x 4's go to we saw so much of the island that most tourists don't see, and it made the holiday. We could lay around the pool or on the beach for 2 weeks to save money, then again we could stay home and save even more! :rofl :rofl

Seriously though, we've hired cars on almost every holiday we've been on , and got in put the air conditioning on and after we've sweated for a while began to cool down, or without air con never really been cool. The 4x4 is cool as soon as you start to move and it makes the islands so much more accesable. I know it's a lot of money to pay, but the accesability it gives you is tremendous.

Checked out Greekstones that everyone recommends and that would cost £765 so it's not a bad price.
I'll post another vote for Greekstones. Never had a moments bother when we have used them ;-)
Ron
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.