Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Having spent 4 nights on this boat I'm very disappointed to hear that it will no longer be sailing.

It was very basic, but excellent value and great fun. In the cabin the curtains let in more light than they cut out and the walls must have been made of cardboard (the disco banged away until 4am), there was no bedside light and the mattress, although comfortable, was on the raised floor. Everything was extra, but the food and the drink was very reasonably priced. I paid £15 per night and I certainly couldn't complain, even if it had been several times more expensive. While it's aimed at the younger market I was surprised to once again be among the youngest on-board (29), although this was mid-week during early May. Everyone seemed to be getting into the spirit of things and enjoying themselves greatly while knocking back the drink.

EasyCruiseTwo remained in dock until roughly 4am to enable you to enjoy the dubious pleasures of the late night bars and clubs and then sailed until midday, giving you time to either sleep in or to sit back and watch the Belgian and Dutch countryside glide past.

The destinations were interesting and quite eye-opening: Brussels, Antwerp, Rotterdam and two days in Amsterdam. Antwerp in particular shocked me when i stumbled upon the red light district next to where the boat docked. Pensioners in red lace knickers and stilettos choosing a novel way to boost the pension! Then there was the taxi driver who smoked pot on the journey back from the restaurant! Rotterdam had interesting modern architecture and a fantastic restaurant above the river which had fabulous views, fantastic food, and was incredibly cheap. Amsterdam was great to see and where else could you stay in the city centre for only £15 per night?

EasyCruiseTwo certainly wasn't for everyone, but I for one, will be sorry to see it go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.