Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I wish they went from Newcastle. Jacqui
lucky you,they only fly from Gatwick!!.we from up north miss out again.
just checked prices for school holiday time and 6th-20th august £142 return incuding luggage . fantastic price and better flight times than those i have booked with aegean flights for only a bit more. :D :D
iam looking right now didnt no easy jet flying to dalaman :?:
I already have 3 seats in July on the Dalaman/Gatwick GB Airways route that Easyjet have taken over. We paid £802 to GB airways for the 3 seats but when I check the dates on Easyjet, the three seats come up at £1188 total (without luggage!!). Our flight is on a Thursday - if we went the day before the total comes out at £488 including 3 x luggage. I think the message here is not to travel with Easyjet to Dalaman on a Thursday!
My flights with GB Airways in May cost approx. £160 each. On the Easyjet site today they are £313 each without luggage. I don't know why Wednesday flights are so much cheaper.
Im hoping that Easy Jet will in future do Newcastle :D
Even though we got cheap flights already from Teeside Easy jet flight times are much better going by the Gatwick times.
Happy holidays every one and Happy New Year to all Holiday truth members :love
just booked my flights 8 of us return flights in july for 3 weeks less than a 1000 pound cheapest i have seen never been with easy jet so hope all goes ok :lol: anybody been with them before i just abit worried :yikes
I have travelled with them to the Algarve and Prague, which admittedly aren't as far as Turkey.

They do what they say on the packet - get you from 'A' to 'B'. The only really unpleasant bit is the checking in procedure (otherwise known as 'the scrum' LOL) everything else is fine. During this just keep repeating to yourself how much money you have saved and how many meals out & drinks you will have with the savings. Probably best to eat before you board the plane if poss.

Lets face it FC/TUI/XL/Airtours etc are hardly the height of sophistication themselves. There is a whole thread on Easy in the Airlines Forum, but like most of these things probably best not to read it unles you have to.

Have a great one. :D
jcarey2536, I have used EJ on many many occasions and havent had a problem but do remember they do not do meals only light snacks are available.
These cheap flights are great for us doing DIY,keep them rolling in,we got ours with OnurAir for next June for £97 each,some got them even cheaper,for these prices I dont care where I sit,or no TV,or hot meal.
Hi all . happy new year to you all :D . I would have no hesitation booking easyjet . Have flown with them many times . ok not to turkey but we have always experienced a prompt professional and reliable service . cabin crew have always been lovely and we have always left on time often arriving at our destination early. As chris says the boarding Scrum is the only negative but we have never found this a problem. Their restrictions on luggage are not as bad as ryanair either.you get 20 kilos and no restriction on weight for hand luggage unlike ryanair who quite frankly take the :swear . the other positive is that you can of course be more flexible with your durations and not have to stick to the normal 7 or 14 days :D

lyn
i too have flown a few times with easy jet, although never to turkey.... all i would say is just to make sure you take a packed lunch, as the prices for there light snacks is pretty expensive...
will be watching this space for flights to turkey from newcastle :wink:
Remember people the Aegean have stopped doing food on their flights from this year.
Its not Aegean that have stopped it, its Onur who are the flight company so if you are booked on a Onur flight through ANY agency you will not be getting a meal.

They did away with this service as the meals were simple Turkish dishes and most went into the bin so now they will have a trolley service similar to Ryanai (yuk)

John
Looked at E.J. prices... went for one i wanted only to find that it had gone up by £115 within 10 mins.of looking, prices for E.J. are higher than a package holiday with some travel companies in many cases..NOT such a budget airline afterall...has anyone tried contacting them by phone??? what a performance... :yikes
VIVVIAAN you clearly missed out on these offers for cheap flights, When they first offered the prices on January 8th they were very very cheap, As with all low cost airlines as the Aeroplane seats fill up the cost actually goes higher and higher according to the way they sell the seats, So it's a case of first come first served with the cheap flights, Take note of that in future and book them on the day they are out for sale.
Its not Aegean that have stopped it, its Onur who are the flight company so if you are booked on a Onur flight through ANY agency you will not be getting a meal.

They did away with this service as the meals were simple Turkish dishes and most went into the bin so now they will have a trolley service similar to Ryanai (yuk)

Yes that's what I meant, I got confused as the note that came with my confirmation was from Aegean. Shame about the meals, it was the same chicken and rice every time I've been but I always really enjoyed it. Useful when you land at ridiculous o' clock in the morning too!
It certainly pays to book early. I looked at summer ones for Easyjet when they first came out, just out of interest - we like many others on here had already taken advantage of the early prices of Aegean flights for our summer flights and booked last year. Easyjet were very cheap, just looked again and no cheaper than anywhere else.
However I've just booked with Easyjet 1 week in October for around £150 for 2 people - great!! Hadn't really thought about going this year in October, but can't resist at those prices!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.