Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Sorry forgot to add its in Candolim somewhere near the football pitch :wave: ...Liz
Liz the buses run quite often along the main road and the terminus is the far end (from you ) of Baga beach were Oceanic/Brittos ect are. Its costs about 4rps, you may as well try the stretch of beach were you are staying as you may find somewhere you like if not the bus is always an option and a LOT CHEAPER than taxis....Keith
Hi Many thanks for that ...the only places I seem to know in Calangute are Molly Mallones and Chandras do you know if we are within distance of either of them !that might give me a bit of an idea where this place is :que cheers ..Liz
Molly Malone's is in Calangute and Chandras is in Candolim so it's nearer Chandras. The football pitch is on the right hand side before you get to Chandras. Not far past Cafe Coffee Day on the same side of the road as you are coming from Calangute.

Hope this helps. Have a good time.
Maxsmum, If you are near Candolim football pitch, the best beach shack is Pete's (he has two next to one another), his are recommended in the Goa Rough Guide and the loo is nice and clean.
A brilliant restaurant is the Moonlight, in the lanes behind the football pitch. Candolim has loads of excellent places to eat,i.e Cactus Shepherds Pie near to where you will be, and of course Ram's Carvery and Inferno down the main beach road. We still go along to Baga for Domingo's in Tito's Lane and Nisha's, as well as Kim Faa, but Candolim is very nice too.
Hi Liz

You will have no problems finding places to eat in Candolim, as was mentioned Pete's shack is very good, Ganesh shack at the bottom of Candolim beach road, Fisherman's cove is nice on the main road near the Mango grove, fox's steak house just around the corner of fisherman's cove down the highland beach resort lane, also try Shivers down the lane opposite Kingfisher villa 50 rupees from where you are, someone has miss led you it is not near the football ground it is behind Chandras and when you come out of the road leading to it fisherman's cove is to the left on the the otherside of the road about 30 meters, turn left on that main road walk down past newton's supermarket and Candolim beach road is on your left. if you go the other way you have horizon view geust house and restuarant which is on the corner of another road with good choice restaurants the bistro, the mermaid etc, you can't go wrong in Candolim for restaurants and bars. i think i know the people who you are renting from but i won't mention their names on here. Also while you are in Candolim get a taxi to Nerul Rs 50 ask for the Riverside bar or Amigos they are both very good and extremely cheap local prices not holiday makers prices, Amigos is very good for fish and is famous in the bourne films where the car shoots off through the bridge into the water, anyway enough of all that rubbish, have a good time and try to get to the HT meet at the Carvery on Candolim beach road on a Wednesday around 8pm or get in touch before you come over and we could meet up somewhere.

Take care and when are you coming over?.

Mike
Hi Thanks to everyone.. :wave: .all details now entered on my list of where to go. I know Chandras [too well last year], but all suggestions have been carefully noted.....21 sleeps now......only 2 more night shifts at work and then...heaven :sun2 and a good book for 3 weeks ...Will do my utmost to come to the meet on the Wednesday and drag my friends along....many cheers Liz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.