Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We have just come back from our 2nd fabulous year at the Holiday Village in Majorca. We booked a couple of months ago to go to the LTI Grand Azure but we are thinking of changing to Holiday village the main reason being it will be all British and the reps and entertainment will be British. We are just trying to find out a little bit more information as well. We know it is situated next to the Coral Sea Resort and was originally brochured as the Coral Sea Oasis. We would also appreciate anyone who has been out there recently who could tell us how well progressed the village is as we don't want to change then find out later that there are problems and it won't be ready like there was at the Holiday Village in Turkey last year.
We returned this week from the coral sea and although there is some building work next door it did not look like a hotel, from a beach view there is already a hotel next door anyway. The building work looks more like shops. there is a vast amount of building all over. There is a hotel being built over the road from the coral sea and another about a 100m away neither of which look near completion but workers were present the couple of times we went past. In all of the building work I would not recognise any of it from the brochure!
Thanks for that is the hotel that is being built over the road still on the beachfront
michelle+11
no, it would be about 200m from the beach, even from the front of the coral sea to the beach it is a fair hike as the complex is so large. I knew of the planned hotel prior to visiting but to be honest could not visualise it in the surrounding area but if it isnt due to open until next year that is probably to be expected.
Hi

I'm also thinking of booking this Hotel having stayed at the HV in Costa Del Sol last year and the year before. This year we went to Egypt but stayed in Naama Bay. I didnt really know before i went that are doing a HV in Sharm otherwise i may have sought more details whilst over there. I booked the one in the Costa before that was completed and i know it ended up being a massive thread here on the H-Truth forum. Whether the Egyptian builders are better than the spanish is anyones guess. I suppose the best thing might be to contact the travel company and find out what sort of time scale they have for completion an such like.

I have a feeling that this thread is going to grow and grow over the next 12 months if past history regarding HV complex's is anything to do with it.......Stay tuned i feel we have a runner!! :D :D
We have changed our holiday and have booked Holiday Village for next August, got a really good deal saved over £1200 for our party of 12 compared to our booking for LTI. Hopefully all the teething problems will be over by mid August as I was advised it is due to open begining of May.
Anyone else booked let us know.
Even though we were getting a good price for May we didn't want to be the guinea pigs by being the first ones there. We have now booked to go to the Holiday Village in the Dominican Republic. It was a little bit more expensive - but the main thing is it's built! It is opening in November and is the Jack Tar being refurbished. So hopefully any problems should be ironed out by end of May.

Thanks for the replies and anyone booking to go have a great holiday.
I went into the travel agents today to get their costing of the HV in Sharm and i asked the staff to call FC to see when they expected it to be complete, the guy on the other end just said they were not selling to that place before June of next year, in other words they will not be sending anyone there until june 07.
Hope this helps in anyway.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.