Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I think Goa ruins a lot of holidays! I've been various places around the world, and although I enjoy my holidays, I often think how much a beach shack would improve things!
I know what you mean Mobor - may not be a posh place but it just feels so decadent having someone wait on you while laying on a sun lounger :rofl
I saw. some beach shacks in Sharm two years ago. Down near the area that we were waiting for the glass bottom boat
yeah, we went to sharm a couple of years ago for the missus birthday.

hotels were lovely, food was ok, beer was cack.

it just didnt feel right to us, desolate and exposed, miles between hotels etc.

im sure in 10 years time, sharm will be a lot better, but tbh i cant seem to keep away from goa.

missed out because of the volcano in march, went last november for 3 weeks and have booked for christmas this year.
Went to Florida a few years ago - stayed in a very upmarket area but all we could say was, "Yes, it's lovely but utterly soulless and we'd rather be in Goa!"

Rich people in big cars and big houses with manicured lawns but everyone looking stressed out. Compare and contrast with Goa!! :rofl
so we ended up going to Egypt. Well Egypt is not Goa and although it was a nice break, lovely hotel and great food and we now know it is the sort of place we we can go year round for the weather it just wasn't Goa!

just gotta agree guys!! just back from Sharm and yes agree with all the good comments ...its clean, sunny, etc but we too just keep saying the same...its just not Goa... you just cant beat it... shant be going back to Sharm...just doesnt draw me... but cant keep away from Goa eh oh and i never get tummy bugs like the terrible one i had in sharm despite the dirt etc in Goa???
chilly
Must be over forty years since I went to Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt but seem to think Tunisia was the best of a bad lot in those days and Egypt (Cairo/Alexandria) the worse.

Since then it seems the holiday companies have developed large plastic villages totally alien to the local people and the countries they are in, where as in Goa the holiday developments are in the villages (sadly almost totally destroyed beyond recognition) where real people still live and work and you can still jump on the local bus or walk down the road and chat with the locals, that is what is missing in most new plastic all-in tourist destinations but thank goodness not in a most of Goa
broke my foot in december so couldnt do every year 3 months so decided to go to turkey for three weeks got back yesterday....it does make you you relize what you are missing about goa especially the tranquility of the south cant wait to get back feeling home sick for goa even more now
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.