Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Congratulations in picking such an excellent choice of resort! Where are you staying?

I have never paid anything by credit/debit card, but there are a few banks downtown, also ATMs.

El Gouna is a totally hassle free resort, very pretty, set on blue lagoons. Transport is excellent, just over £1 for a weekly bus/sea taxi ticket, taxis cost £1.50 and tuk tuks 50p per person.

Lots of nice places to eat out, choice of marina area or downtown. :cheers
Hi Scoya, we didn't use cards but changed up sterling, as and when we needed it, at the Bank of Egypt in Downtown. This was only a few minutes stroll for us - not sure where you are staying.

It was open in the evening until 8.30pm. There are also banks in the Marina.

Hope you have a great time :cheers
Thanks for your responses, most appreciated. Must admit I always draw money out of banks as and when needed, but like to cover myself just in case I see a rather nice piece of jewellery! We are staying at the Movenpick, this is the first time we've been to El Gouna, and very much looking forward to the break. We have previously visited Sharm, El Quesir and Luxor for the nile cruise (not all at the same time!), and decided El Gouna needed to be checked out. I'm sure we'll love it and if so then book for the New Year - so we have a week to check it out - can't wait.

I believe we are a pleasant stroll to the downtown area and will look forward to grabbing a tuktuk to get to the Marina.

Thanks again, Scoyas.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.