Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
El Gouna *
90 Posts
Rihana should be fine. A reasonably large percentage of Scandinavian guests, 2 decent size pools (one of which IMHO is the warmest in Gouna) and two minutes walk to "downtown" from Reception. Low key animation team activities by day without any pressure to join in boules or aquarobics etc, but something to do if you are bored of sunbathing.

Have never actually stayed there as we have an apartment in Gouna - but kids like to go at least once per trip for the buffet (which has pretty good range of food - "Standard" buffet fare, and loosely based on a different international theme each night). Also has the "Chez Pascal" restaurant on site which does some wicked steaks!

Buy a weekly bus pass for £1.50 from hotel reception or the information centre in Downtown. This gives you the run of Gouna on the buses which run every 15-20 minutes (direct to the Marina from the Rihana) , or the shuttle boats.

PM me if I can help with any other info and have a great trip
Are there glass bottom boats etc available from El Gouna? Never got round to it in Cyprus this year but would love to do a trip on Egypt.
Pretty sure that the Divetribe at the Movenpick have a small glass-bottom boat
Besides the duty free shop in El Gouna is there anywhere else we can buy cigarettes or should we just stock up at the airport when we get there.

Gail
I did buy cigarettes in the duty free shop, but to be honest found the local supermarkets a lot cheaper - I usually buy blue L & Ms when abroad, similar to Silk Cut, and they were around 50p per packet in the supermarket - a lot cheaper than the duty free shop. We did buy some spirits in the duty free shop to keep in our room which was fine.
Thanks for letting me know Elledee.

I had an awful feeling that you couldn't buy them anywhere else and we would have to make a mad dash to the duty free shop.

As long as they sell them in the supermarkets I am happy.

Is the duty free shop far, we are staying at the Movenpick.

Gail
Hi, Duty Free shop is situated in the Marina. we went there on our first night when we arrived [that was party night on Friday] - you have to go within 24 hours or arriving and take your passport with you [check out prices for cigs in suprmarkets first, much cheaper].
Elle dee it's actually 48 hours after arrival to use the duty free shop in El Gouna but your right about buying cigs in the supermarket as there much cheaper.
Oh right... we were told 24 hours. Shall give us a bit more leeway this year then.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.