Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
el trebol apts
18 Posts
Hi Kathy .... El Trebol is a relatively small complex of only 60 apartments on 15 floors. It is generally described as basic and probably more popular during peak periods with young clubbers looking for a place to kip down for a few hours. Perhaps not quite as attractive to families looking for secure, relaxing and comfortable surroundings.

David :wave
Hi Kathy we stayed here a couple of years ago, found them basic, clean and in a good location. When we were there in August they were busy with a good mixture of young people and families. We enjoyed them and are going back this August.
many thanks for all replies, we have booked for these apts now, so looking forward to it :twisted: :twisted:
I'm going on a stag do at the end of September and staying at The El Trebol. From what I've heard this is a very basic hotel (not too bothered about that as its really only somewhere to sleep for the night) but I don't know much more - how close it is to the beach, the main bar areas, the old town, any water parks etc. Any information would be appreciated.

Cheers, Steve
i am also thinking of going to the el trebol in november, as it is the cheapest place i can find on a DIY holiday. Anybody been before who can provide some info?
Hi Steve ... unless there have been some recent changes, then I think that El Trebol is a smallish apartment building, rather than a hotel. We have a previous discussion about it HERE although unfortunately not a lot of info there either.

The building is located about 200 metres from the Levante Beach, on Avenida Filipinas which is on grid reference L10/L11 on our Benidorm Levante map. It's certainly convenient for the nightlife of Calle Gerona.

David :wave
Hi, El trebol are rather basic but I'm sure that they will be adequate for a short stag break. They are very central, near the Presidente Hotel, Panchos, etc. They are also round the corner from my Dads bar. The Flying Handbag/ Bar Chicago which has a snooker table to hire and a free pool table. It is set out like a bookies with a bar, (very male orientated) So if you fancy a bet or a game of pool it's on Calle Lepanto, next to Sandra Bar Have a good time

Sue :lol:
Thanks for the quick replies. Any more info from anybody would be appreciated.

Steve
does the El Trebol have a pool? and if so what is it like?
Yeh, it has a pool cos I once read in one of the reviews that some young lads were dropping number 2's in it and the staff were having to fish them out uh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure that this doesn't happen all the time though.
El Trebol are basic apartments in an excellent location for Benidorm nightlife, cabaret clubs and discos. They are in the area known as The Square where Hippodrome, Cafe Benidorm, Champions, Zodiac etc etc are situated.
Hi,

We stayed at El Trebol about 4 years ago. It is basic but has everything you need. Quite a small pool. Its in a really good position for all the bars, beach etc. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves!!
Here's the review that I added at holidays-exposed.co.uk for my uncle Robert, who stayed at the El Trebol with his wife at the end of August 2005:

On booking these apartments I was informed by my brother that the reviews online were terrible. When I was shown what the other customers had written I approached Direct Holidays to be transferred to another venue, but they told me that a transfer was impossible and that I shouldn't believe everything written on review sites.

On arriving at the apartment, the room smelled moist and was filled with an obnoxious odour. The kitchen cupboards were dirty, grease stained and full of black fungus. The cooker was layered with thick dirty grime and would have been considered a health risk in the UK. The furniture should have been placed on one of Benidorm's fiesta bonfires years ago, for example, the settee had years of sun tan oil in the fabric and was greasy to the touch and the table had pieces of laminate missing where previous guests had carved their names in to it, the encrusted grime darkening their initials. Neither the patio door nor the window locked, allowing access to anyone from the neighbouring apartments and the floors looked like they hadn't been mopped in months.

My first stop was to report all this to the man at reception, but it was like talking to a zombie - it is amazing how suddenly the staff can forget their understanding of English when it suits them. I really shouldn't have accepted these conditions but my wife has diabetes and she was so tired that we opted to unpack and contact the Direct Holidays rep the next morning. In the meantime I visited the local supermarket to buy washing up liquid as all the cutlery & china needed a damn good scrub, and also disinfectant for the floors, furniture & benches. I then decided to check out the rest of the apartment block. Outisde our apartment door I found two cigarette ends which were still there two weeks later when we left (no joking). The rest of the building could have used a makeover and the reception furniture renewed. On linen changing day, the sheets were simply thrown on to the bed and the maid made no attempt to mop or dust.

The next day I tried to catch the rep at the advertised time but had no luck. After trying for a few days I just gave up as there was no doubt in my mind that the reps were giving up the El Trebol as a bad job & were staying out of the line of fire. On talking to other guests I found that they were also disgusted with their apartments so I hope that these people add their reviews online. On the day I left, the young lady who had received our apartment came in to reception whilst we were waiting for our transfer bus and she complained about the non closing door and window. As we had left the place smelling of pine, it would take her a while to catch the deep aroma of dampness and fungi from the furnishings and fabrics.

I'll end with this bit of information: my brother & his wife & our cousin joined us in Benidorm for the last four days as our holidays overlapped. He had booked their apartments, flights and their own return transfer taxi online and he saved £235 PER PERSON on the price I paid Direct Holidays and when I saw his apartment my jaw dropped - it had a washing machine, a clothes horse, an iron, a coffee maker, a fridge freezer, a covered-in balcony, a freeview television and a microwave, but above all that, everything in the apartment sparkled and was usable from day one. So next year it's DIY for me.
Hi Dutchy,
Thanks for your report. What apartments did your brother stay in?
Wendy
Hi

I stayed in the Trebol appts in Sept 2004, the appt was cleanish but had damage to some of the appliances, the door to the utility area wouldn't close properly. (this appt was on the 4th floor) I went down to reception and complained and they moved me to an appt on a higher floor and this appt was different again. Although the appts are very basic we ended up enjoying our stay in the replacement appt.

The woman who is on reception in the day was very friendly, spoke english and was very accomodating. But!!! beware of the woman with the trolley on linen changeover day, a bit of a battleaxe she just shoves your clean linen in your arms and storms off. Hopefully she may have moved on.
what are they like anybody know? :D or :(
please please dont stay here see my comments below

1, we arrived at these apartments at 12 noon we were told that there was no room ready for us and we would have to wait until 2pm we had to sit in reception with all our luggage

2 2pm arrived we were given a room cos i had 2 small children with me hubby started taking the cases up while i waited

3. Hubby came down saying we are not having this room cos the front door was hanging off we were given another room after half an hour wait.

4. When we pulled the sofa bed out there was no slates in the bed so you just fell onto the floor.

4 Tiles were sticking up on the floor.

5 kitchen had electric wires sticking out of all areas

If you are able try and book levante lux or levante beach apartments these are two of the best apartments i have ever stayed in
Also on other forums members who have stayed in these before have made comments like dirty towels with blood stains on Dirty linen and dirty apartments
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.