Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Gosh that sounds worrying, maybe I have not found my hotel for June
I don't think its a bad hotel. See my comments earlier in this thread. Its just that they grossley overbooked early in the season last year, and they took the germans rather than the British as they pay more. We were put into the Atlantica Princess just up the beach, along with about 10 more families. However the senior rep in question ( normal rep was away so the top lady took over for the week) made arrangements for us to use the facilities at the Ixian Grand during the day as the pools were far better and less noisy.
We had considered going back for another try so it can't be that bad, but one bad experience does put you off a bit so Cyprus here we come.
We were there in Augaust 06, and had no problems at all - see my trip report, or pm me if you have specific questions
thanks both of you,
I thought i would come back and have a look at how this thread is going seen as tho i started over 1 year ago!!

Of you can find a tour operating at a fair price, i would go again.. Also Olympus travel used to go there (did last season)

Let us know how the hotel is this year if any of you get out there!!

Cheers

Rick_Tay
A bloke here in my office has booked for September, but he did it direct with the hotel, & found his flights on T'internet
Hi all..

I see the thread is still going.. just checked the stats and over 8965 views... more than i ever expected back in Jan 2006 when i first posted..

In regards to the hotel.. i get email updates from them all the time and all seems to be going well.

One of the main factors First Choice / Thomson have pulled this hotel is due to cost.. .. The british tour operators were trying for cheaper prices but other tours operators.. ie Germany and other european countries were prepared to pay more.. As its business more money = better..

iJust to confirm its not that the british operators pulled the hotel.. they were simply outbid on price..

I think Olympus may still do this hotel.

Have a look on there website..

To cut a long story short.. I would stay here again no issues.. (but wont be going this year as i have already been to France, Norway, Sweden, Ireland and going to Mexico.... may try get a week in at the end of the summer... lol

Thanks to all for reading and keeping this post alive of a great hotel in my opinion.

Rick
Hello Rick.

Seems an age since the great Ixian grand saga started. Never ever got to stay there.

Like you I keep looking to keep up with the news. Off to Cyprus shortly.

Happy hols.

Regards

Miroku
Thakns Miroku..

yeah its been a while now.. 1 year 6 months since i started it!!

I may go back one year!!

Happy hols to you also!!

RickT
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.