Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
End October??
19 Posts
We've been mid to late October the past few years, and we've always been pretty lucky with the weather. It does get cooler at night though, so you would possibly need a light jacket or cardi or something, and the weather can be unpredictable at that time of year. As I say, we've always been lucky, but I know one year, the week before we went, it had rained virtually all week. Also, the businesses do start closing towards the end of October - there will still be plenty open though, but depending on how busy it is, they do start shutting up shop towards the end of the month. It's just a bit of a gamble as to how good the weather will be at that time of year and how many places will still be open. We quite like it at that time, as the resort is a bit quieter, but you've just got to be aware that the weather might not be as good as you might have hoped for.
Hi thanks for your reply, you have said as I thought.

I have been looking at flights but they are quite pricey for that time which I was suprised at. Maybe it's due to me looking late on. I'm not sure really. How have you normally booked?

Any tips advice welcome...
Hi Ruth,

We usually head to Marmaris in July (away this Friday). We have however been during the school holidays in October. You are not guaranteed the weather but we have never been disappointed. Gets much cooler at night and sometimes a jacket or cardi is the order of the day. Most places will still be open as the season traditionally ends the last week in October. Last year we had temps in the high 20's although as I say there is always the possibility of some rain. One of the pluses for me in October is being able to go for long walks as the heat isn't so fierce.

Wilson ;)
I'd like OCt but flights for the Easter hol's are looking much better. Have you been then before and is it just the same as Oct with regards to season just starting and weather?

Oh I just want to be on holiday forever, but am not restricted to school holiday's not. Am just trying to figure the best way to do things really.

Thanks in advance.
If it's Icmeler you want, the season itself really starts at the beginning of May, although you will find bars, restaurants and so on gradually opening up during April. There are actually a handful of places which do stay open all year round - only a handful though - and again, the weather can be a wee bit unpredictable at that time of year.
We have been to Icmeler for the last few Octobers and last year we were there the last 2 weeks.
We were lucky with the weather and the sun shone apart from 1 day.
Thomas Cook usually have offers for the beginning of October during September but the last week is usually more expensive as the flights are popular due to the reps,etc returning to the UK at the end of the season.
We booked for this October when we returned last year. :sun2
JayTrip is right - you can usually get flights out in October fairly reasonably priced, but it's the ones coming back which push the prices right up, as all the reps are coming back to this country then. We usually book everything ourselves - flights and accommodation separately - but you might find a better price going for a package deal. Just a question of looking around really - we're hoping to go back in either September or October, if we can get something at a decent price.
I had a look online and went to travel agent today. However, the prices for last 10 day's in Oct were a little too much. Almost same as what I priced for end Aug, I was shocked really.

Mmm...
We spent a week out there last october, coming back the 2nd november. We were in Side. It was VERY cold at night compared to daytime (still in teens but felt colder). Daytime was warm enough to sunbathe (alongside the locals in thick jackets and scarves :rofl ), the pool and sea were too cold to go in (did paddle up to ankles though). It started to cloud over around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, and then it started to go chilly and the clothes started to go back on. At night we needed more than a cardigan, we all ended up in the coats we flew out in (at 3am in the morning) apart from my daughter who left hers at home and regretted it!

I'd go again at that time of year, as it was perfect to explore in, but would take more than one pair of jeans and a decent jacket.

We also ended up having 4 blankets at night due to no heating (although the door wouldn't shut).

Also, the thunder and lightening was amazing!! I have never seen anything like it, was liek what I' ve seen on the tv, I lovee it (we stood on the beach and watched it). Although i did'nt love it as we were trying to land at antalya in it. The rain flooded pools though, and the whole resort was out of power a couple of times (once for around 8 hours) which was scary as EVERYTHING went off as we were walking up the road, so ended up trying to find out way back in the pitch black.
Ah that post made me giggle. You brought back a memory from my teen's, yes I have been to Turkey before during October, flooding, lightening, thunder, trees in road, canal over flowing etc... I think I'm going to give it a miss this year!!

You are right though re exploring as I have just returned and we did nothing for 2 weeks, was too hot to walk around with a 4 year old. The local's though I was crazy putting her in a pram. Kept saying 'ah too bigh, too big'.

I'm going to maybe go in late Aug early Sept before school starts and maybe again in July / Aug. Think I'll book now before tax goes up!! :rofl Any excuse!! :cheers
Have a look at Thomas Cooks website as I found their prices quite good for October,especially the flights that leave midweek.
would try thomas cook website. we booked a while ago for this October half term and got a really good deal, but as others have said, we have always had good weather this time of year, but does go quite cold at night, lots of places starting to wind down but also some bargains to be had in shops as they want to ofload what stock they have left :tup
october is my favorite month for turkey the weather is unpredictable granted but you can do so much more because its not stupidly hot,lots of places begin ton shut down but lots also remain open hassle is at a low as all the money has been made and most workers are waiting to go home,it is a very chilled relaxing time of year
we are going October half-term.
weather will be better than UK so I'll be happy ;)
Hiya, do you guy's just tend to go for the week then?

I'm not sure I fancy flying all that way for a week.

How have you all managed to do it?
We always go for 2 weeks in October but have been to Turkey on many occasions for just 1 week. :sun2
Its still quicker than going to my daughters at the other end of England. :rofl
True...

I've been looking for a flight for last week in Oct and they are Sooooo expensive, so may not bother, I'm wondering if I have just left it too late for this Oct, but may look into next Oct for the half term then.
Our first trip to Turkey was at the end of October, and the weather was perfect. (about mid 20's daytime, and still pleasantly warm in the evening) Just a shame the resort and hotel weren't so perfect.

I
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.