Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
We booked flights with thomson for next April, arriving in Monastir and leaving from Enfidha
From what the travel agents know is that Monastir wasn't meant to be closing so they were selling holidays from there as planned however this seems to have changed and now everyone needs to go to the new airport meaning some problems with booking next years holiday etc for now.
There is further information in the following forum:

http://www.nomarmiteintunisia.co.uk/apps/guestbook/
  • Edited by Kiltman HT Mod 2010-06-20 10:00:41
    Removal of Copyrighted information and to provide a direct link.
Here you can book your transfer from and to the Enfidha Airport (NBE):

http://www.holidaytaxis.com

Kind regards from Belgium,
Pittie
  • Edited by Kiltman HT Mod 2010-06-21 08:21:26
    Removal of unauthorised signatures
A2B Transfers are also now listing Enfidha and they are half the price of the other company from Monastir and Tunis so it may be worth having a look at them. I used them from Tunis to Sousse earlier in the year and they were excellent.
Thanks Aslemma !

Kind regards,
Pittie
has anyone been to the new airport yet at enfida whats the situation with taxis to monastir how far how much?
Following on from Micka's post, I'd also like to know whether the immigration situation at Enfidha is any better than Monastir? It took 1 1/2 hours to get through Passport Control at Monastir last September and I'm really hoping not to repeat it!
Enfidha is only being used for flights from the UK from the end of this month as flights are still going into Monastir until then, so it is too early to judge what the experience will be like. A friend who flew into there from Sweden some time ago was impressed but one swallow doesn't make a summer. I'm sure people will post their experiences once they have tried it. The distance to Sousse is a little further than Monastir but as it is nearly all motorway it shouldn't take much longer. Taxi prices will be 'negotiable' as always but I will probably use A2B transfers, at least until I have some clear idea of what taxis are trying to charge.
Now that Enfidha is up and running I have a couple of questions which anyone who has used it may be able to answer. Firstly, does the cafe airside take dinars as they did at Monastir and still do in Tunis and secondly, do they have smoking areas airside, complete wth ashtrays as both Monastir and Tunis do? I hasten to add that I don't wish to imply that anyone else on here has this disgusting habit but perhaps someone may have noticed. :rofl
I have this disgusting habit and am very keen to know about smoking areas :rofl
Join me in the naughty corner Roswell. :roll:
Hi
Yes you can smoke in the airport,also you can spend dinars in cafe/bar in departure.
We were on the last flight ever by Thomson,First Choice,Thomas Cook into Monastir on
the 27th april 2011,Thomson flight TOM312 from Robin Hood,Doncaster.
The duty free goods are priced in euro's, there are 2 bar code machines that shows the
price in £ sterling etc.
Change is given in euro's,my bill was £29.40p for 2 bottles vodka, I had the correct
money, but the lowest currency accepted was a £ coin, so I gave £30 & received 50 cents
in eoro money change.
The duty free is dear,also duty free at home is expensive.
The best prices are on the aircraft, ( Thomson) we got 400 L/butler for £40, also 500 grams
Golden virginia for £37. ( airport duty free wanted £32 for 250 grams,what a rip off.)
we got 2.16 dinars to £ sterling in hotel.
Thanks. You are a star. :kiss I'm not particularly worried about Duty Free there - it sounds the same as in Monastir or Tunis, neither of which I've found particularly good value, though I usually have a quick look round I buy my cigarettes (Royals) locally in Sousse and only get alcohol if they have Cedratine or Vieux Magon which I've forgotten to pick up in town. The exchange rate doesn't vary much though we aren't getting quite as much as in the 'good old days'!! As long as I can have a cigarette and pay for my coffee in dinars I'll be perfectly happy.
Yorkieborn - did you fly into Monastir and out of Enfidha?
I think all flights were doing that which were going out in April and coming back in May as Monastir closed at the beginning of May. This is supposed to be 'temporary' according to the Turkish owners of both Monasir and Enfidha airports but there are fears that Monastir may not re-open, hence the strikes there during April as Monastir employed a large number of local staff.
Hi Roswell
Yes we flew into Monastir, & out of Enfidha.
Has I should have put our flight was the last ever flight in,& no more flights
out.
We were told that the airlines mentioned were to use Enfidha airport only,but
that some other companies were to carry on using Monastir.
That must've seemed weird.

Good news about the "disgusting habit facilities" though ;)

Thanks
What i difference Enfidha airport is. Chalk and Cheese springs to mind.
Right from the aircraft, through the "skywalk" no more steps and bus :cry and you are right into Passport control.
Unfortunatly it can still be a cattle market. Once through you are down into the baggage hall. This is where the fun starts.

If you are quick enough to get through passport control and the bags start to go round and round ,round and round, goto the offload end where you will find a wee sensor which looks for a space to drop the next bag. OK. Now if the luggage carosel is full no bags will be dropped. Make spaces, or you will be there all day. 45 min it took us to get our bags, nightmare.
Then out to the arrivals, daudle.

Here are some pics of the Airport
https://picasaweb.google.com/JSWalker61/EnfidhaAirport?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNzGrK-1q5DDDw&feat=directlink
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.