Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ephesus
6 Posts
Kusadasi is reasonably close but if you want to be on top of it then Selcuk, although Selcuk is not a holiday resort whereas Kusadasi is.

The weather in October can be changeable with heavy showers etc but it is generally still warm (sometimes hot) during the day although a a jacket is recommended for the evenings.
Hi maybe this previous post will give you some more information about Ephesus.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=95211&highlight=ephesus

Hi We travelled to Ephesus in early Feb this year. It is great and certainly worth the trip. I can totally recommend a great B&B in Selcuk. When we went to Selcuk we stayed at the http://www.hotelakay.com/ a great little hotel is a super location near the Isa Bey Mosque and the church of St. John the Baptist.

We stayed in the newer section of the hotel and they we really comfortable and clean. The gardens even have a small pool to relax around but we were there in Feb so the pool was closed for the winter.
Also ate a great dinner at the Amazon restaurant down the street from the hotel.

Aslo be sure to check out some of the sites around Selcuk like the archeological sites of Priene, Miletus and Didyma and of course the main attractions of Ephesus and the Virgin Mary's house.

As for the weather it should still be really nice with warm days and cool nights.

I would like to share my photos of our trip with you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets/72157594522635754/
Hi
Many thanks, perhaps May next year might be better weather wise.The photos are great,I wish I was going now!! :D
Have just returned from Turkey. Selcuk is DEFINITELY the place to stay - I recommend the HOTEL NAZAR (has its own website) with very friendly English speaking owners, good evening meal and a SWIMMING POOL! Prices reasonable and they can arrange tranfers to Ephesus. Make sure you get dropped at the UPPER ENTRANCE and walk down to the lower one. It is definitely worth visiting ... and paying a supplement for the excavated terraced houses. Bring plenty of water though .. even in May.

In Selcuk you can also visit the Isa Bay Mosque (free) and the ruins of St John's basilica. There is a wonderful tea garden next to the mosque (Anatolian Village) and you can eat well and reasonably in the town itself. Market days are Wednesday and Saturday, and you will enjoy the variety of goods on offer!
Hi Alsacienne,

So glad that you had a wonderful time 8)

Also Hi alden,

Happy that you liked the photos :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.