Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
I havent stayed there as I live in Acharavi! I can tell you, however, that they are popular apartments in a good spot not far from the village centre and very near the sea and many tavernas. They are well run and a good standard though one block is bit older and slightly smaller apartments than the other.( I believe it was to be renovated.) There may well be air conditioning there now, if not you can rent fans at Castaway Travel in the village , ( or a mobile air conditioning unit.)
The whole area is very family orientated, good beach , small waterpark, family friendly tavernas, I believe you will have an excellent holiday there.
thanks for the information , i havr read about Castaway Travel on the notice boards , Everything seems to look good.
thanks again
I've added these apartments as they weren't listed.

If anyone has stayed here please add your review Here

Many Thanks
Hello
just got back from the Eriva apartments , and was really disappointed , we had a 2-3 person room , obviously only mean;t for 2 - 2 chairs etc , and no shutters or curtains in the kitchen were my son was to sleep.
It was the noiseiest place i have ever stayed in greece - i think we had a bad room in a bad position - complained and rep did nothing (thanks Thomas Cook!!) . very clean , nicely furnished , self catering was 2 hot rings . there was air con , 20 euros .
really busy place , far from relaxing , pool was nice , sunbeds were taken the night before , very full of kids - we had one so it wasn;t so bad , but the toddlers were knocked about about inthe small pool , when the water polo was played there .

no entertainment to speak of , i have yet to speak to anyone there who would return - certainly not in peak season .

:(
Im sorry to hear your exerience was not all good. I have to say I have heard many comments this year about noise from the pool. this certainly always an issue with apartment blocks and is the difference between booking a holiday where you can use a pool nearby but with a greater degree of privacy and comfort such as is offered by in Acharavi Travel with Friends who offer simple houses some with air conditioning, the idea is to offer a greater degree of privacy and personal service than the big guys can do. Hopefully you liked the area and village?
we are off to to acharavi on the 1st of june for 2wks, me my hubby and our 2yr old boy, just wanting some info on these apts ie whats pool area like, what apts are like and what facilities they have and if they are close to the beach and resort centre? has anyone stayed there?

what is the beach like heard it is shingle, hope it is ok for our little one!

is there plenty to do in the resort, we dont want anything too lively but not to quiet either. is there enough shops, restaurants and bars to pass a nice 2wks away?

any info would be great, roll on next year!!! :)

thanks
vince n gaz

hotel reports can be found in the corfu section of the hotel report forums here

resort reports can be found in the resort report forums under corfu click the link to resorts in the blue banner near top of page

yasus

wizard
You will find lots of Acharavi info hereCastaway Travel, details of the village facilities etc.
Eriva are very near the beach, it is true, near Eriva it is mostly shingle but a short walk to the east will bring you to sand. Its also only a short walk to the village centre. Good location. Not too far to walk to Hydropolis water park either. Popular apartments.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.