Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi Gem,

I just came back from Es Canar on saturday so I will try to answer some of your questions.

Can you purchase tobacco/cigarettes in resort or do you have to go to a larger town ?

Yes you can. There is only one tobacconist in the resort and it's at the top of the hill past popeyes bar. It's closed on Sundays but there are vending machines in some of the bars/restaurants.

Could anyone recommend good family restaurants, we particularly like Italian food, Steaks and obviously some British food as well.

There are numerous places to eat and most will do everything you mention. It's probably best if you try a few and see which ones you prefer. The Mar Vent has a fairly comprehensive menu but they do seem to try and get you in and out as fast as possible to keep the turnover going quickly.
Hi PaulE,

Thank you for the information you have given, it is a great help.
I posted a review not too long ago after our holiday in July.

We found Popeyes to be pretty good for food, Mar Vent is decent too, and the English Pub down near the Chinese Restaurants (The Bull ?) which does a great Sunday lunch.

If you follow the dirt path from the back of the apartments, past the dodgems, you will go past a couple of restaurants that serve some different dishes, such as Rabbit.

Tabac - pretty sure there's a second one near the cafe's/restaurants on the way to the Hippie Market (again, near the two Chinese places) - sorry, my memory is terrible :)
It can be noisy at night, but quietens down after midnight thanks to the no outside music after midnight rule, but you will still get a fair bit of noise from people heading back, people coming from the bars at 4am, and people arriving/departing etc, but it's nowhere near as bad as some places I've been to :) The apartments seemed to be mainly Brits, but also had Dutch, German, French and Italians - and the entertainment at the Miami Hotel is all in 4-5 languages (we skipped it and went elsewhere as it annoyed the kids).

I should add, there's a fair bit to do in Es Cana, the beach is lovely, and you can get to anywhere on the island by bys very easily, so you will have a great time :)
fatgit,

You could be right about the other tabac. We didn't get that far round much. We stayed in the apartments next to the Hotel Miami (next to the path round the front to Cala Nova beach) so it was a bit too far to drag 2 kids (6 & 3).
When we went past the Miami apts. they didn't seem too noisy. Most of the noise seemed to come from the Coral Playa, both day & night!

As you say there is plenty to keep you occupied, 3 small funfairs for kids of all ages and a wide choice of bars and restaurants.

Mobile phone reception seemed to be good all over the resort and if you have an internet enabled phone many places offer free wi-fi coverage.
Be warned that we didn't see any of the fair rides open during the day once. We stayed at the Ereso last week andthe rides outside our hotel only opened in the evening and each time we walked round to the Bull Bar during the day, the stuff for the kids was closed too. That place had bumper boats and inflatable slide and a bucking bronco. But what's the point in having them there and not opening them?
just not enough kids around to make them open.hard times all over the island.
For the last 3 years, at least, the fair has never been open during the day. They seem to open up around 5pm.

John
Stopped in the Miami apartments in August this year. I've posted a review in review section. (Have a read-watch out for apartment no23!)

Mobile reception no problem at all.

Apartments are 95% Brits, the hotel is a real mix. We had one noisy night at the apartments with kids messing around. Not bad.

Will vouch for Popeye's, Mar vent and Vista Mar for grub. If you want a fantastic real curry (not a packet job), have a walk up to the Irish pub on the way to the hippy market. We ate their twice and both times superb.

The fair in the middle of town near the bus stop/taxi rank opens from 8pm.

Jim
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.