Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Es Cana
26 Posts
I've been to Es Cana but it was a good few years ago. See our resort reports here for people who've been more recently:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/ibiza/es-cana/
From what I understand it's a family orientated resort. I have never been before but am going there in August. We boboked it thanks to the good reviews on here and the info we picked up surfing the net. It's a bit qieter than some of the other resorts but having two kids to take with us, that's not a bad thing.
Es Cana is a great resort plenty of bars to keep you busy.Three nice beaches.Plenty of places to eat. Santa Eulalia is only a short bus ride away if you want to explore further. Don`t forget the water taxis go from Escana to other places as well.

You don`t say when you are thinking of going as that could make a difference to how busy things are.
We are thinking of going around the 12th August
We had similar situation as yourselves.

Stayed in Cala Llonga one year but travelled into Es Cana for a day.
Booked there the following year and have not been to another resort since.

August will probably be the busiest time - but still not a madhouse.

:tup
Hi,

We are going to Es Cana in about 5 weeks time and we cannot wait. We first went there 9 years ago when our children were younger and loved it. Some friends of ours will be there at the same time as us, they go to Es Cana every year and have done for about 12 years. It's not a very big resort but it is bigger than Cala Llonga and there is more to do on a night.

Carol :cheers
We will be there from 17th August and are staying at the Ereso Hotel. Does anyone here know much about it? The reviews on here are mostly very good.
Hi Duncan,

This is the hotel that our friends stay in every year and as I have previously said, they have been going for about 12 years. I haven't stayed there myself but as far as I know it is a very good hotel.

Carol
Thanks. We're all looking forward to it.
Hi carl m the same as us we stayed Cala LLonga last year,(great hol but far to quiet in the evenings) This year we have booked Santa Eulalia,1st week Sep,staying at the Ri :cheers omar,Hope you get sorted and have a nice one B sully
hi
was in es cana last aug the weather was really hot and the place it's self is very relaxing just get's very busy on market day which is a good day out . the chip shop on the corner is really good it's just down from the square on the sea front.lots of good places to eat . they have good entertainment in most of the places along the front . :cheers
thanks for the replys everyone :tup
Hi Carlm

try popeyes bar, just up from the beach, very good food, not bad prices and the staff are great.Tony and tina made us all really welcome, entertainment on most nights and not far to stagger home after lol :cheers :tup
I see they have a small fair in Es Cana. Has anyone used it and if so, what kind of rides are there and what are the prices like?
The fair is mainly aimed at younger kids - maybe 5 to 10 year olds.
Can't remeber the exact prices but it works out a lot cheaper if you 'bulk buy' tickets for a ride - maybe 10 at a time and use them of a number of days.

John
Thanks. My kids will love it.
Dont forget the hippie market is in Es Cana!
Can anyone recommend any family friendly bars in Es Cana please. I would assume that most of them are, but we are looking for a great bar that is friendly and has some good entertainment in the evening.
Popeyes and Charlies bar are the main bars with entertainmaent. Seas cafe has bingo and quizes. If your after mini golf theres a mini golf and bar not far from the mini fair, it`s down a dirt track and not far from Popeyes. I would say most bars are child friendly.

There is a couple of bars with kids stuff on the road to the Hippy market they have slides and bucking broncos they are ok but no one supervises them and when we were there most parents were sat at the bar and the kids were running havoc. Whilst we like a drink we also need to make sure our child is safe.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.