Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Tim,
We went to Estartit in October 2004 and stayed at the Festamar apartments, At the time our kids were 5 yrs old and 9 mths old.
Unfortunately because we went for the first week of October the majority of the resort was closed. You may be lucky because you are going in sept but just be aware this is the month they start closing down.
The best family bar that was open when we went was opposite the football ground but sorry i can't remember what it was called :?
That would be the Itaca Bar, with Jimmy's Cellar downstairs :)
Great place, and the family that run it are excellent, and very nice people
Yes thats right i remember now! :hyper
Hi Guys

Ive heard this place mentioned a few times, where is Estartit is it?
If you are passing Jocs on the main road, take either of the side streets down past it ..... behind Jocs is a football pitch where the local Estartit team plays. The itaca complex and jimmy cellar are on the street behind the football pitch, next to the Blau park apartments .... on the same street as the Mar D'or and Miami apartments :)
Around this area is Barracuda Bar as well, which is also good. It has a bouncy castle and crazy golf out back for the kids. Inside there is lots of TVs if you like the sport. They do food as well as booze and are as reasonably priced as anywhere.
Never been in the Baracuda personally .... i suppose i must try it if i go this year!

Really miss the Flower of Scotland pub - it wasn't the best looking place, but all the British pubs are really just English pubs and it's impossible to get the SPL games now that the Flower of Scotland is no more :(
Not that i am really too interested in the SPL this season :(
Thanks for the replies.

What about Dutch bars in the resort? Any recommendations?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.