Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
i flew with eurocypria last summer and was delayed 13 hours !!!! i must say they put us up in a hotel at manchester for the night which i didnt expect? the trouble is that there fleet is only 5 planes.if one is delayed or in repair it has a knock on effect on the others as they dont have a spare...
i have been with them in total twice in fact , we was delayed the first time if i remember rightly?
the food was not up to much either in both trips? i have mixed feelings on the cabin crew however,some are really nice and cant do enough for you . but on the last flight at least 3 were really snotty and we not botherd that you had been delayed 13 hours!!!
i dont think i will travel with them again.
Does anyone know if the fleet has grown,are thomson using them next year :think ?
Are these a third rate airline?
no they are not a third rate airline, they were up to 2 yrs ago the charter arm of Cyprus Airways, when CA got into financial problems and looked like going bust EC was bought out by the government to ensure that Cyprus still had its own carrier, i have read they are increasing the fleet but cant confirm, they have been flying uk-cy for many years out of Ltn & LGW to both LCA & PFO we have used them several times, service was better than Thomson but that was a few years back

yasus
wizard
Thats good news,we were looking to book then seen the airline and was'nt too sure :)
poley,

I would agree 100% with Wizard, they aren't a thid rate airline. The currently have 6x Boeing 737-800's in their fleet and are pretty reliable from all accounts. They don't have any further aircraft on order as far as I know (just checked).

Darren
6x Boeing 737-800's

last time i went they had 4 of their own and shared on rotation CA airframes if needed
I think because we have always flown Thomson and Firstchoice,we have never,"touch wood"been delayed,so we were a little apprehensive.
Flying to paphos from manchester 15/08/09 on ECA 865 anyone know what type of aircraft this will likely be?
Thanks in advance for any replies
Gaz2362,

Eurocypria operate a fleet of 6x Boring 737-800's.

Darren
Many thanks for the info Darren. boring 737 eh .... :D sounds about my level then ,
was gonna upgrade to private suite if it had been A380 :rofl
Gaz2362 wrote:
was gonna upgrade to private suite if it had been A380

You'd have to win the lottery first!!

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.