Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Europcar
3 Posts
Hiya

I was a holiday rep who worked for Thomsons Holidays and they specifically use Europcar who are known as Betacar to the spanish and canarians as they do offer an excess waiver, without the waiver if you have a bump then it can cost anything around 400e however it is normally around 7e per day to carry out the excess waiver on the car (dependant on the size of car the charge will increase, i am basing on group a or b car which is normally a punto or micra)!

In regards to baby seat, upon booking your car you should make them aware that you need a baby seat and there is a small charge for this too i think!

Europcar abroad are one of the best companies for car hire to use, i have used them many a time as a rep and a customer and i have never had any problems with them!

Thomsons also use europcar for their own company cars so they must be good!!!

Hope you sort it out

have a great holiday

love vicky xxx
Have also used Europcar/Betacar in Ibiza, absolutely no problem. As for the excess, it is possible to buy insurance in this country to cover any excess abroad, e.g. from http://www.sunwheels.com.

I know they're another carhire agent but the insurance they offer on their home page (about £3 per day) is open to anyone.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.