Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Its me again. I thought I would bring the Exagon to the top of the forum again. One very helpful member replied to me and gave me an excellent review of the resort. Many thanks.

But...........!! It does seem that there is not a lot of up to date responses on any sites about the Exagon from others.

Anyone out there been to the Exagon and the vacinity. I would love to know your holiday reports and experiences.

Look forward to hearing from all you peep's. We are off on the 9th September.

Regards
Moopy4
Did you know or have you been made aware that there is a river of sorts that's close to the hotel. It runs along the back of it and it does not exit into the sea due to a sand bar across the mouth. I visited the hotel a few years ago and thought that this spoiled the rest of what is an excellent hotel. you also have to get a lift down to where the entertainment area is situated and that is close to the river!! Did not notice any significant number of mozzies but it may have been the time of year.
Thank you. When I looked on google earth I could see the river and where it stops before the beach. Someone said the river can be a bit smelly, but we dont have to walk beside it if thats the case.
At least you say it was a nice hotel.
We weren't given the option of All Inclusive only Half Board when we booked. Does anyone know how much it would be to upgrade to all inclusive once we arrive, if it is possible.

I am hoping we will be able to get the road train or bus down to the beaches and to other places along the coast. My husband and Mum dont walk too well.

Thanks for your reply.
Regards
Moopy4
Well I am back from a brill holiday and answering my own previouslt asked questions for others that might want to read them. I will also put the write up under the Hotel bit of this site.
There were three adults ages 52,70 and 73 at the Exagon Park from September 9th 2006 to 23rd September. We all enjoyed the hotel and holiday very much. There are quite a few different areas you can sit to make a change of scenery. Nice TV area showing only foreign channels. The staff were all very pleasant especially the young chap on the front desk who would put himself out for you. There are lots of well maintained grounds to walk round with well kept grass and plants, all well spaced out over quite a large area.The hotel is about a 4-5 minute walk to the Son Baulo beach along the river that runs to the side of the hotel. The beach looked quite nice, beds and shades to hire. We sat in the Bananas restaurant with coffee and cake for 3 euros watching people on the beach. There are some shops 5mins walk away but you can get the road train for 3euros to C'an Picafort where there are lots more and it's more built up.
Hotel room: Spacious and kept the cleanest I have known in a hotel. Towels changed when you wanted and sheets changed about every 2-3 days. Hair dryer and shower wash provided. We were on the 4th floor room 445 and had a view over the pool and the green forest opposite; we could not see another hotel at all. We could watch the show on the outside stage from our balcony but if we went into the room we could hear no noise below. One of us had a single room No. 146 on the first floor, this was a nice room with the same sort of view. TV only has sky news; CNN news and a euro sport channel in English all the rest were foreign. You hire pool towels for 10 euros at the reception and can change the towels every three days, money refunded at end of holiday. (Two towels 20 euros)
Food: Breakfast had everything you could have wanted including freshly made pancakes. Dinner had plenty to choose from and all excellent. Different fish and meat was cooked fresh every night. There was always lots of different fresh fruit. A large display of cheeses with lots of trimmings to go with them. We all loved the food; needless to say we ate far too much. Lunch was buffet style but we were half board, I was glad to give my tummy a rest. To change and add toAll Inclusive would be £18 per person. Coffee was 2.60, a glass of wine 2.60 and a Amstel beer 3.10.
Entertainment: All day there was always something going on. Rifle shooting, shooting, darts, table tennis, boule, water polo and lots more. We did take part in quite a few of the games during our second week and had a lot of fun. I wish we had done some games in the first week. Don't be afraid to join in as I won a gold medal in rifle shooting and I have never held a rifle in my life, also another 3 medal's. The Animation team were all very friendly. There is a driving range and a putting green. The evening shows were fine, we enjoyed them. I never noticed the disco open but there was one. There is a children's club which looked nice. The free form pool was nice to sit round but chilly until you go submerged, it also had a fountain that was sometimes lit at night. Always somewhere to sit with a sun shade. Indoor swimming pool was nice and clean, there was a sauna and a Jacuzzi. You can also book all sorts of massage to be done, about the same price's as in England.
Trips: We only took two trips. We booked with Toscana at the local shops a trip for 45 euros (the same trip with the rep cost 55 euros). It started with a one hour stop in Puerta Pollensa then on to Soller, which included a ride on the old train then a ride on a tram then a 45 min ride on a boat to Calobra. Then the coach took you up the mountains and along some very winding roads to Formentor. An excellent day with great variety well worth doing.
We booked the Pirate night adventure show with Thomas cook. As we knew we would not be doing much in the evenings we thought we would pay for the best seats 75 euros each.(cheaper ones were 57 euros) I expected an amateur reppy sort of show with cheap sangria chicken and chips. We had a great night the show is very professional and the acts excellent. Full of colour, music and surprises. The food was good and on our table was as much Cava, Sangria, Coke and 7up or what you wanted to drink. It was well worth the money. I would go again and would recommend it for all ages.
We all said this hotel was defiantly 4 star, exceptionally clean, good food, plenty to do if you wanted and very peaceful if you didn't. Very quiet area not for anyone who wants night life and clubbing. You would have to get a taxi or bus for that but it s not far to go. English are a minority as it's mostly German but that didn't bother us. The hotel is a delight. You wont be disappointed here. Didn't see a mozzie the whole time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.