Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
weepetal,

The hilly nature of St Lucia makes travel a little slow. When your ship docks in Castries, many of the excursions take you across the island making short trips unfeasible. A trip down to the Pitons and cocoa factories is quite interesting. Keep a look out for all the exotic wildlife. Apart from that, I can't think of much over a short timescale. There's plenty to see and do in Castries itself; have a walk around the capital and the markets. The diving is excellent! You get a great over-view of the airport from the cruise ships as you approach the harbour area.

Darren
If you have the time you ought to go and see the famous Pitons, for which St Lucia is famous. I think some excursions combine the trip with lunch at Dasheene at Ladera Resort - this renowned restaurant is situated high up between the Pitons. Beautiful!
HI, we are off to sandals in february on st lucia and there are a helicopter company that do tours named st lucia helicopters, (INVALID URL they have there own web site with all the info regards prices and where they go, you can pre book and they fly from the airports and i think castries.
worth a look, what better way to explore the islands coasts. i know its about $180 dollars per person for a short tour. and $220 dollars for a longer one.

we are taking this way of travel between airports and hotels and its a 1.5 hr ride along bumby roads, and its only 10 mins in the helicopter and for only $120. got to be better than travel sicknes :shock:
have a great holiday!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.