Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hello all

Staying at the Coral Sea Resort for 2 weeks from 17th Nov with hubby and 2 children aged 13 & 6
Can anyone advise on prices to Cairo, Luxor & Valley of kings??
We dont mind doing the bus, But will they do a return if we stay overnite as i think it will be too much for the kids early start / late night
Has any members done anything simular with children?? And how did you travel ect

Kind Regards
Hi
Hi all, these are prices I got from a leaflet I picked up in the Naama Mall a few weeks ago
Coloure canyon, Dolphin Bay and Dahab 35 Euro
St Catherines and Dahab 30 Euros
Mount Moses and St Catherines 30 Euro
Ras Mohamed by bus 20 Euro
Ras Mohamed by boat 25 Euro
Cairo by bus 40 Euro
Cairo by plane 160 Eoro
Luxor by plane 160 Euro
Petra by plane 250 Euro
lOVE xxSBxx
I can't believe anyone is even thinking about going to Sharm without thinking of Diving/Snorkeling or if youre not afraid of the water, learning to Dive. It's possibly the best, safest and cheapest place in the world to dive.
Luxor. Great. Cairo Great. Valley of the kings, great. Diving the red sea. Better than all the others put together....
Sorry, but thousands of people a year travel out to the red sea just to see the glass clear water and the multitude of marine life. Rays, Turtles, Dolphins, tropical fish etc... It's just paradise. Forget the glass bottom boats, just get in the water and Dive/Snorkel with the things. You'll get out feeling like a teenager, however i am a diver.
Rgds...
Paul

p.s. The 'slow cooked' goat you eat on Bedouin nights tastes like leather.
Hi all :) I am going back to the Dreams Beach in Sharm on the 16th Feb 06 with my husband and daughter (her 1st time.) Last time we did the Cairo trip and this time we are planning on the Luxor/Valley of the Kings trip. We are going with Thomas Cook and was wondering if you can advise if it is best to go by coach or plane. We went by coach to Cairo and would thoroughly recommend it. We also did the quad biking last time but can anyone recommend any other trips - thanks :D
Janetw,

I went by plane to Luxor from sharm and it was brill!!!! I do not think you can go by coach as it would take too long to get there.
Thanks for the info Chelsea :) Did you go with your rep and can you advise the cost.
It was with panorama and cost about £170 each (half it for child) but if you go into sharm you'll get it much cheaper. Its up to you :)
:D Thanks again Chelsea
Them trips listed on a leaflet in the Mall
and also trips from sellers in Naamba Bay.

Do they collect you from your Hotel or do u have 2make your way to Naamba bay?

Edit hi can you please not use phone text on the forum thanks Briar
staying at the coral sea next aug, wondering about prices for trips to the pyramid
thank you
damon
i just wondered what trips are available from sharma shel how much do they cost
There are endless trips available at a variety of prices (helpful hey?!). Most of them take advantage of the amazing diving/snorkelling and involve boat trips arouns Ras Mohammed (the marine park), having 3 or 4 stop of sessions to snorkel/dive, and lunch on the boat. The rest of teh day is spent sunning yourself and taking in the scenery. They can usually be booked through your tour operator or through dive schools once you'er there. They vary in price but I usually pay about £35 for the day. Other trips include those into the desert, you can go quad biking, or have a 'traditional' bedouin dinner after a jeep ride across the dunes....cant rememeber the price, but roughly £50 at a guess, again usually run by tour operators. Then there are the trips to luxur/cairo, usually by bus or air (bus being cheaper), they'll set you back £150 or more and you lose 2 or 3 days in resort - Ive heard these trips are rather strict on the itinery and you get to see what the guide wants you to see.

My advice is to take the boat trips...they are incredible, the scenery above and below water is amazing!!!

Hope this helps :D
Hi,
Does anyone know how much an internal flight from SES to Luxor and Cairo costs and if there are any travel agents that do a days tour to the pyramids including flights??

thanks dan
hi pippy
going to sharm for the first time with my husband it definitely snorkelling, i thought it was only diving? are kids allowed to go on this snorkellin trip? is the current very strong? was your snorkelling gear provided ? Thanks for your help :D
Hi Elaine

We went snorkelling and diving with Aquarius from the Coral Sea and everything was provided. There were several kids and non swimmers on the snorkelling and they had all the gear plus floats and a diver with them to help, felt very safe.

My lot all went diving and i went along and snorkelled above them which was great, and i am sure that all the companys will do similar deals.
I am travelling to the Coral Sea Resort in August and i was wondering if anyone knew how much it costs to go to the pyramids by bus from the rep. Not too keen on booking with agents in Nama Bay if you are left to fend for yourself when you arrive there.

hi Sheba
Thanks for the info. we are so looking forward to the holiday. 2 more weeks :sun
Elaine
Hi
could anyone give me some advice as we can only afford to go to either Cairo or Luxor by plane, which one would be the best to go to. Is there a reduced fare for the trips for children.
Is the itinery the same whether you go on the bus or on the plane. I know it takes a long time on the bus but can you also get a bus to Luxor??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.