Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi
We had a quote from Auto europe for Crete in Oct (£114 - 1 week economy with 2 drivers) and found them to be miles cheaper than most also they will price match / other quotes and you can negotiate a deal with them. Worth a try........
http://www.auto-europe.co.uk/car.cfm

Don't pay extra for air conditioning - this seems to be standard anyway in our experience of hiring in hot countries.
Hi
We had a compact car (Nissan Micra) with air conditioning for 2 weeks in July this year from Kalamata airport and it cost about £220. We paid the balance on collection and decided to take out the extra insurance and although the girl put it down on our paperwork she didn't charge us so we saved about 80 euros which was great!
We booked the car online through Argus rentals after looking at many other car hire sites and they were definitely one of the cheapest - we will probably use them again next year.

Hope this helps
Diane
We've never hired in Spain to be honest, however we got 4 days car hire in resort on Kefalonia last year for £85.
Hi,
You will find it a lot cheaper if you book with a local car hire company on the first day of your holiday. I tend to find 'pre booking' to be more expensive.
Hope this helps.

Dave
used argus and auto-europe, quotes are still over £400, anyone else got any ideas.
is it because we are hiring in athens that the prices are high ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.