Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Hi, Can someone tell me how to do this please? do I have to type it in, or can I take it from the message I am replying to?

hi lizzie, highlight what you want to quote, copy it, go to reply click the quote button above, paste it then click quote again, thats how i do it.

fizz xxxx
Hi Lizzie
Highlight and Copy the message you want. Go to post a new message. Click Quote, paste your message and click quote again. Why not reply to this with my quote to see if it works?
there you go- two for the price of one!!!!! :lol:
Highlight and Copy the message you want. Go to post a new message. Click Quote, paste your message and click quote again. Why not reply to this with my quote to see if it works?

I did it!!

Thanks for the help

Lizzie
lizzie dripping wrote:
I did it!!

Thanks for the help

Lizzie

To include the name of the person you are quoting follow the instuctions given before with a slight adjustment.

When you click the first quote, put an = between the word quote and the bracket. then quotation marks with the persons name. Continue as above.
e.g [quote ="MrsMac"] blah blah
dont put a space between quote and =. I only did that to illustrate how to do it.

MrsMac
MrsMac wrote:
When you click the first quote, put an = between the word quote and the bracket. then quotation marks with the persons name. Continue as above.
e.g [quote ="MrsMac"] blah blah
dont put a space between quote and =. I only did that to illustrate how to do it

Thanks MrsMac

Lizzie.

just practicing,hope it's worked!
maybe not!
do you have to type,the full quote out yourself?
tracy
thanks briar!
takes me a while,to get these things :oops:
tracy
hi all

just having a little try here
message and click quote again. Why not reply to this with my quote to see if it works?

ive done it

:thanks

lou x
hang on its not in a white box .......lets try again :!:
message and click quote again. Why not reply to this with my quote to see if it works?

lets see now

thats it ive learnt something else today :D

lou x
tracy99 wrote:
takes me a while,to get these things

just seeing if this works with peoples names !!

lou x
You need to put the name in between " markers

test wrote:
this is a test

Mark :D
hi mark

thanks very much :thanks

lou x
If anyone here uses firefox you can get a cracking little extension that is great for forum use. It will work with phpbb, and most major forums its called bbcodeXtra.

It allows you to copy text and then using a right click context menu paste that text as a quote, or paste URL's so they come out like this bbcodeXtra and you don't have to remember any of the bb codes.

I have been using it for about 3 months and I wouldn't be without it, well worth ditching IE just for this in my opinion.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.