Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Faliraki
6 Posts
To be honest Faliraki was never as wild as it was portrayed in the press but it has calmed even more over the last few years. You still get the 18-30s crowd to a degree but it's quite mixed, a lot of families and couples go to Faliraki. The quieter end tends to be the Kallithea side, nearer the waterpark but it's only Bar Street that can get a little rowdy and that tends to be pretty late at night.

You could also consider Lindos further down the coast. Lindos has great nightlife, it's as wild or as chilled as you want it to be. There are clubs but definitely not 18-30s, i'm 36 and though i've been visiting since i was 20 i still feel comfortable clubbing in the village as it's a mixed age group, you're never surrounded by kids!
I went to Rhodes a couple of years ago with my girlfriend and we spent a night out in Faliraki. I found it had quietened down a lot from when I visited a few years earlier on a lads holiday although some parts still had that 18-30s feel. What I did notice was that there now seemed to be a larger variety of people with more couples and families away from the livelier bars. We started the night in the quieter bars (even doing a pub quiz!), moving on to a couple of places with live acts on, before going to the disco type places and eventually a club so plenty of options to have as quiet or as wild a night as you wanted.

Would definately second the suggestion of Lindos. This is the resort where we stayed and I would go back tomorrow. We were looking for somewhere with a great beach, reasonably lively nightlife with good bars and restaurants but we didn't want anything too hectic. Lindos was just right. Well worth looking into.

Steve
Its not just the Kallitheia side of Raki that is quiet.The other end by the church & Kathara Bay are also quiet.but near enough to the action
I stayed at Billys studios with sunset in 2007 in faliraki. I can't recommend it enough. Its not in the main action but is close enough to be at all the bars. Faliraki was good and I had a great holiday but it was no where near as great as ayia napa or magaluf for a clubbing holiday. I was surprised how many families were there. It wasn't rowdy and I felt completely safe.
We went to Faliraki in June last year and didn't find it to be the 18/30 resort we had been warned it was. It is by no means quiet but certainly not over the top. We enjoyed it and are both in our 50s. We will definitely be spending a day there when we go to Rhodes again this year.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.