Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Stayed at El Cortijo (sp?) in Es Cana a few years back, It would probably fall into your "basic" catagory though. Advantages are
1. The resort where everywhere and everything is within walking distance
2. Good Family Resort
3. Located at the back of the resort thus off the main roads - although I believe at high season you may well have some of the bigger hotels nearby (probabbly the Panorama Marina) providing outside entertainment - although by law(I think) this should be finished by 12:00 midnight.
4. The apartments are (or were) privately run above a bar that also provided meals.

Not checked for quite a while which holiday company they come under now. - Or if they are still running - Can't find any reviews in the Hotels section :que
Just found this

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/elcortijo/
i think the sirenis atlantic apartments in es cana will tick all the boxes.
In Portinatx, perhaps the Portinatx Apartments might work for you. Recently taken from Thomsons by Hotel La Ciguenya and being renovated. It says it will have DVD players etc for the 2008 season.

http://www.portinatxapartments.com

bill
The Sirenis seaview country blub would fit most of your requirments. We stayed there 7 years ago, but it is still getting good reviews.
micknmill - that looks interesting and gets good reviews - can you recall what the walk into San Antonio is like (to the 'egg') area? How long did it take?
You are best looking at sites such as holidaylettings.co.uk and holidayrentals.co.uk where people advertise their own private apartments in ibiza, they all include fully fitted kitchens, tvs, dvds, etc and all the mod cons you need in a fully furnished apartment, i have booked using these sites many times and found them ideal. Typical cost for a two bedroom apartment in san antonio would be around £600 for a week, thats the full apartment and not per person
DJ - There were restaurants & bars about a 5 - 10 minute walk away. San Antonio was about 15 - 20 minutes on the bus. It's probably changed quite a bit now as it was 7 years ago that we were there, so there might be more restuarants etc.
The hotel also has a restaurant and you can upgrade to half board.
The facilities were great for the kids and adults alike.
Hope this helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.