Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
ferragudo
4 Posts
We visited Ferragudo in January this year whilst staying in Alvor.
Ferragudo is still a typical fishing village with a lot of real charm and character. There are plenty of nice little restaurants and a few shops. It is not touristy and I can't remember seeing one British Bar (which I thought was lovely).
For days out you are very close to Portimao for shopping, Alvor is close by and is a place which I love. Alvor is a small fishing village a bit prettier than Ferragudo. Then there is Carvario another small relaxing place.
It is easy to get around by public transport to all the places I've mentioned.
We love this area, if you like a quiet and relaxing holiday I think you'll like it.
We visited this delightful little place in June of this year and had a fabulous meal at one of the fish restaurants on the front called Sueste. We had the sardines as we only wanted something light for lunch. It was very atmospheric and they have their own launch for the people on yachts and boats that moor in the bay. Highly recommended - not sure if there was a child menu, but if we took our grandchild we would probably take him a sandwich or something as I think it is more a fish restaurant and can be pricey. You should certainly have a lovely time and can confirm that that we didn't see any English, Scottish or Irish bars whilst we were there.

We last visited 6 years' ago when it wasn't very memorable. We noticed a big difference this time in that more upmarket accommodation had been built. The village itself looked as it there was alot of sympathetic refurbishment of older property going on whilst retaining the charm of village life. For how long this will last I don't know - hopefully it won't be spoilt like other places on the Algarve.
Try Barnards Restaurant.

Its on the road out of Ferragudo going east to Carverio.

Super better quality food, lovely friendly Irish lady runs it, delighful place to dine out.

Popular, so best to book in advance.

geoff001
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.