Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
We went with Club C this year and the hostess service started at the interchange at South Mimms. The toilet on the bus both ways was unusable due to the smell. There was one dvd on the way to Spain (same film as last year)

Hostess service stops at South Mimms so tough luck for us Scots who have another 8 hour journey, although it does stop at service stations.
there where a few rumours going around when we where in calella about club c.not going to well and all they cared about was his snowcoach etc, but the drivers just said its been bad before!!
there was also rumours about ferris being bought out by national express,
angelica
Interesting post, angelica, thanks for that

As i said, i can only give my personal opinion, but they just don't look the company they did when i travelled with them around 4 years back
Another question for those who have travelled with Club C ... what is the entertainment system like? Interbrava and Siesta both have the systems where you can plug headphones into the seats and choose from 4-8 different channels .... do Club C have anything like that?
why do you travel by coach cidermonster its an option i have never considered, just out of interest?
Nice and simple .... cos im s**t scared of flying!!! :lol:
cidermonster
regards to your question on the entertainment system,there isnt one,just the radio or dvd if your lucky enough to have a hostess.
regards angelica
Thanks Angelica,

Not really doing a good job of competing with the others then, are they?
Hi... am confused ....been going with Siesta for atleast 10yrs ...brilliant.
Their coaches are called Club Class. I take it that there is another firm called CLub C who have no connection to the Siesta holiday packages.
I love my coach trip ...did it with 5 children ages 3 to 16 on my own once no problems. If you plan well can be part of holiday. Children all take a ruck sack full of goodies and plenty of drinks...and a gameboy mp3 or what ever they are into. I take sandwiches and now my lot are young adults what I call my incoach meal ( instead of inflight meal ) . I cook individual mini chickens (pouisons but I cant spell it) the night before cool them put them in reseal food bags then put in freezer untill very chilled . The morning we travel I put them in cool bag with cartons of frozen juice. I take sectioned polystren trays and serve the chickens on them with ready prepared bags of leafy salad and cherry tomatoes . As snacks also sold on coach no worry about getting something to eat at services on way.
Club Class is just the name Siesta give to their coaches ... Club C, or Club Cantabrica is another coach firm going to various places in Europe.

Club C

They go to quite a few destinations, and i've been to South of France (Antibes) and Northern Italy (Jesolo) with them - i have to be honest and say i've never found them as good as the likes of Redcrest were, and now Interbrava, but i tolerated them cos of the different locations. In saying that, i just get the impression they seem to have slipped further back now, especially when you read some of the reviews on here!

Be a shame to see another coach firm go though, hope they can hang in there!

I also agree about the coach journey ... doesn't bother me one little bit now, it's part of the holiday to me! Whether i'm reading a book, listening to the Ipod, watching a DVD, or enjoying the scenery, it all goes in quick enough for us! I have to say the days of me taking lots of snacks on board is in the past, as the menu on the Interbrava coach was excellent this year! :)
I started travelling by coach when the children were younger as it was so much cheaper in the school holidays compared to flying . Have onlt travelled with Ferris so cant compare to other coach firms . I would hate to think that Ferris are thinking about selling out to National Express, so i will be asking when i board my coach 2 weeks tomorrow . I quite enjoy the journey always make it part of the holiday , when children were younger we would always take lots to keep them occupied and plenty to eat and drink as it could get expensive, but as they got older the bags got lighter , we dont take anything now , have a hot meal on the ferry crossing , have a meal at the supper stop , we do buy coffee's or soft drinks , then when we get to resort , drop the bags ang go and have breakfast somewhere .

Lynne .
Just got back from Salou, having travelled with Siesta. Wouldn't do it again - can't beat flying! We chose it because of the Eurodisney overnight but that was a rip-off. The hotel we stayed in was on the outskirts of Paris, it was dirty and damp with no facilities for children - not exactly what was promised in their brochure. However, our hotel, the Calypso, in Salou more than made up for it but I am afraid Siesta is the bottom of my list for holiday companies!
Hi...Siesta changed their overnight accommodation for disney . I used to do the stop over and day in eurodisney. They used a motel then. We had family rooms with an ensuite (shower sink and toilet) that was a good size. They were clean and fresh, and had satelite tv which amused the children. Problem was nowhere to get food or drink except from coach. Children said they would rather just go straight to Salou and liked portadventura better. They said it was boring after 2nd visit. That was about 8 yrs ago.
This year going to Callela De Parafrugal. Any one know if Callela DP Siesta coach drops off any where else, or goes direct from Calais to Siesta site. Do they use a feeder coach to site from somewhere else.
Cidermoster you seem to know about the routes. I have asked this on another site as davykim might know as well
Been a while since i went with Siesta (a long time!!!!) but i would imagine given the close proximity of Calella DP to Estartit, that the same bus would just carry on through!
oh that doesn't sound to good we are going to blanes and disneyland in sept i thought the hotel looked good on the site i feel a bit deflated now was looking forward to disney oh well lets hope blanes makes up for it thanks for the post better to know what to expect we have travelled loads of times with siesta never really had any problems one broken down coach in 8 years (fingers crossed) isn't to bad we went to disney 5 yrs ago stayed overnite in a motel that wasn't to bad either if only i would get on a plane they fly over our house everyday and like you cider they scare the life out of me cheers
  • Edited by davey101 2007-07-28 04:19:58
Hi cidermonster and davy...as I always went by coach everybody assumed I was afraid of flying. Which wasnt true. Last year was flying for first time. Even family were reasuring me it was nothing to worry about, and were expecting me to be nervous. I wasnt at all bothered about flying just stressed up about what could go wrong ...delayed and canceled flights and cases going missing ...also about transferes from airport. Family were surprised as I was so laid back on plane.
This year back to coach as I like it . I work a stressful job, and have a busy life. Its me does all the planning and packing for 4 of us. The time I spend on coach gives me time to come down and chill out ready for my holiday. When I flew it took me the first 2 days to relax down, and then started worrying about things going wrong on way home.
I have travelled to Spain by coach six times now. I have used Ferris and Sunways. Sunways have a pick up point really close to where I live so I tend to favour them.

I agree that coaching gives you time to wind down and relax. I don't mind flying and I've done so many times, but in August flying certainly doesn't come cheap. This year there are 5 adults in my party ( heading off 10th August :) ) and the total cost for 10 days is just £1200 by coach.

However, there's one part of coaching I don't really like: the middle of the night bit! I'm not good at dropping off to sleep on the coach and I just long for morning to come :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.