Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I'm planning on going there in the last week of june with the freestyle club. i also want to know of any reviews of this resort. all i've heard from other sites is that the atmosphere is good and lively but the hotel could do with some refurbishment.
Hi

Stayed at Fiesta sestanyol in june 2002, great location right on the beach, and I mean right on the beach, litterally out the door and on the sand.

the hotel was fine for bed and breakast although you werent allowed in the restaurant with vest tops on!!

Rooms on the front of the hotel have great views over the bay but back rooms look onto the main road and are cramped and hot. Not aircon anywhere in the hotel which can be a bit of a pain,

From what i remember there was no entertainment at all and the pool was very small although you can use the facilities of the hotel next door.

The location is great for the town, there is a jetty outside with water taxis that run every half hour or a walk along the promenade past the Hawaii hotel and BarM only takes about ten to fifteen minutes.

Make sure you go to Savanah, and cafe Mambo when your there, will be going in ten weeks so cant wait!!
i just got back from ibiza. we stayed at the s'estanyol. the breakfast which is between 8-10 is great, tho we rarely made it unless we were just gettin in. it does full english, fruit, cereal, pastry stuff...etc...

the reps are really friendly too, say hi to dave! there is entertainment every night on the terrace tho we never went to it.

the beach is literally on the doorstep, you cant leave the hotel without walkin on it. music is played most of the day and can be heard on the beach so its not really recommended for older people wantin a quite holiday. ibiza has a law enforced where music cannot be played outside after midnight. you can still hear it tho if you sit outside.

the rooms aint that great but youre in ibiza...why d'ya wanna stay in your room other than to sleep.

we mostly stayed in the bars around san antonio bay-a couple right behind the hotel called donnegans and BN3 are recommended the staff are really friendly-we were sad to say bye.

the hotel does serve food all day i think, prices are just the same as you would find in nearby bars and restaurants. bout 3-4 euros for burger and chips. alcohol in the bar was resonable enough 3 euros for vodka and coke. but it is expensive elsewhere so if you wanna drink alot, take alot of money. the clubs charge bout 8 euros for the same
Came back from the E'stanyol 3rd July. Booked it last Minuite and didn't know what to expect. But was well chuffed when we got there. Only bad thing which no one told us about, was we had to pay 60 euros deposit on the room when we got there and didn't get it back till we left.

The Rooms are basic with a fan and thats it. So you cant make anything to eat in your rooms and there's no fridge. Rooms cleaned every day and fresh towels.

The hotel staff were really friendly and the Freestyle reps were the best ever, couldn't do enough 4 u. We paid about £110 and went on four of the excursions. The Mardi Gra and Water Party @ Es Paradis were worth it.

The hotel being right on the beach was really good for skinny dipping at half 5 every morning! (Arranged by Nat one of the reps) Good job it was on the beach because the pool is a joke, or should I say olimpic size foot spa!!! But you can use the San Remo's pool next door.

If you walk down the beach just past the San Remo, you can catch a Water Taxi 2 San An, which is cheeper than getting a Taxi. The bars behind the hotel were really good and there are loads of cheep places to eat.

Had the best holiday ever N were booking 2 go back 2 the E'stanyol next year!
I have asked for this hotel to be added to the Hotel Reviews section. It should be done in the next couple of days if you would like to add your review at Ibiza Hotel reviews

luci :D
Stayed here in September 2001, a long time ago now. Heartily agree with Lukey, try and get yourself a room with a seaview as rooms at the back of the hotel didnt have much of a view at all in fact back then its was derelict wasteland.

We stayed b & b and ate out every night. More than happy with the selection of places to eat and prices. Think we enjoyed Italian, Chinese, Indian, Mexican oh and good old English. Never had a bad meal, ok never had a truely great one either but we were happy and came back a few pounds heavier.

Pool was very small and very very cold but you are allowed to use the pool at the San Remo next door which is much bigger & thankfully warmer.

Enjoy your Jollies.

Whatever !
This hotel has now been added and you can write a review at Fiesta S Estanyol Hotel reviews

luci :wave
Hey people....went to San An bAY JULY/AUG 2004 for 2 brilliant weeks!
San An Bay is one of the lovliest places ive ever visited
The hotel was ok...we had a fab room looking right onto the beach on the 1st floor...only prob is we were right above reception...and we were next door to ANDY and his londoner mates...they were so noisy but turned out to be top blokes when you talked to them!(was great when Andy got hynotised too...)
The reps were great...Nat,Pumba,Shaggy and that fit one with the black spikey hair :lol: :wink:
The hotel is in an ideal location...although one word of warning...do not go there if you want sleep...cos you just wont get any at all...its a 24hour hotel!
The town is brilliant and you can great really nice meals most places and the bars are great too!
If you are planning to hit the clubs everynight be prepared to spend a load of Euros...make sure you take plenty with you!
One thing that im a little annoyed with after reading all the remarks on here....we didnt know you could use the San Remo pool!!!and was stuck around that little pool all day!!! :o :shock:
p.s-get in touch if you were there same time as us!!!
hey im stayin in the s estanyol with my boyfriend and 2 friends from august 6th for 2 weeks. jus wondered wat 2 expect an if its any different from goin july time?

thanx
Hi Tracey.

Just expect it too be hotter and a lot busier thats all, especially at the sestanyol beach hotel, good music played during the day etc and rowdy crowds at night :P
Don't know this hotel but Fiesta hotels have a good reputation in general. The food in particular. I don't know if they still do it but when we have stayed at one they do a thing whereby you can use the facilities at any other Fiesta hotel plus (if you book in advance) you can eat at another Fiesta hotel should you wish to spend time in another resort. They also used to have deals with the waterpark at Playa d'en Bossa giving you free admission. Again I don't know if this still applies.
My partner and I along with two friends, stayed at the S'estanyol at the end of July 2004 for 1 week. We found the hotel to be rather dated in decor but the location more than made up for that. We had a room at the back of the hotel, which did not have a blacony and the ceiling fan (no air conditioning), squeaked when you switched it on, but it made no difference to the the heat anyway!. The food was nice (we stayed b &b), with a wide selection to choose from. After reading the other posts on this forum I feel that we were quite lucky during our stay as we were'nt interrupted by any noise whatsoever, although we didn't usually get back to the hotel until between 4am and 6am. I am going to invest in a good pair of earplugs i think as we have booked to go again this year, only this time we have paid for a seaview.
Would anyone who has stayed at the hotel Fiesta S'Estanyol please assist your fellow holidaymakers by writing your reviw HERE

Many thanks
Hey....we went to Ibiza in 2004 and we came back and bought all the latest CD's with the music on from our hol, but the one track I loved just isnt on them! They played it around the pool everyday, I havent a clue what it was called! can anyone help, it was a dance remix went someting like ' I want your love gimmee your love, I need your love gimmee your love, gimmee your love ' sorry thats pants! :lol:
Its driving me mad!
:? El x
8) :idea:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.