Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
FINALLY BOOKED
7 Posts
Our 2 children are a little younger than yours at 8 and 9. First of all we have also been to Turkey and Goa really is very very different but in my opinion much better.
Evening entertainment is fairly low key in Candolim but there are some great bars/restaurants offering different things to do. When we were there we found a few nice places with music, good food and free pool table which kept our little boy occupied for hours. Our girl was more interested in hunting out different types of frogs (it's an obession...) :yikes . There are some karaoke bars though we never went there. The shacks also have BBQs with fire eaters and live music. I can honestly say that my 2 never once complained that they were bored.
With regards food I have been many times and can honestly say I've never seen a "children's menu". However in addition to all the lovely more exotic foods most places also do basics like chips, eggs, rice, chicken, pizzas etc. and most will cook something for you even if its not on the menu. My 2 loved the cheese garlic nan breads and ate them with everything.
Not sure about swimming with the dolphin trips.....but my hubbie was splashing about in the sea one day and a fin appeared right behind him :shock: . Funniest thing ever with hubbie running on water to get back to shore and the dolphin chasing behind him thinking it was a game.
Any more questions please feel free to ask.
thank you for your reply i think boys will be fine as you said as long as there are bars with a bit of music for them, i like the sound of the entertainment on the beach in the shacks,they are both really looking forward to going some where totally different & seeing the elephants ,can u tell me how safe the sea is in candolim& what other nice beaches are near by thanks once again for your help
Sea can be very rough and I wouldn't let mine in very deep. However, there is quite a surf where the waves have broken on most days and they played for hours with the other children in that shallow area. Coco beach is very calm but a little murky at times and I've heard some of the beaches far North (Morjim) are calmer though havn't been yet. Agonda in the south was lovely when we went there. Despite the sea being rough they still had lots of fun on Candolim beach and had a great time in the shacks. The Goans really love children and went out of their way to make their holiday extra special. You won't regret trying it.
Hii tracan, I'm sure you will enjoy Goa. The beach goes on for miles, but the sea is not suitable for swimming in - especially for children. The currents are very strong.
Try taking the children on a river boat trip to see the crocs. It's a wonderful experience.
You will find the people are even more friendly the the Turks, if that is possible.
You will see poverty, but take some sweets to give to the local children, they will love you forever.
There is a lot of chinese food if you children don't like hot curries. The soups are especially good.

Have a wonderful time,

Marn.
:) Goa and Turkey are my favourite places. goa is very different, cheap (like turkey used to be) and hot (hotter than turkey), children need to be well suncreamed! I never used to see any children in goa but the last couple of years they seem to be creeping in. My kids are older now but first went there (south) when they were 13,14 - they are both very good swimmers but the sea there is very dangerous - beware!!!
hi all thank you all so much for your help you have given me alot of reassurance ,it is always risky booking somewher different when you have been visiting the same country for the last 7 years,after our first visit to turkey we were hooked but i think that might change after visiting goa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.