Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
The level of compensation that you may get is whatever you and the TO negotiate. Having read your post, in my opinion, you need professional assistance.

May I suggest that you contact - Ros Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor - Tel :- 01922 621114 -

Ros will give you free, impartial, expert, advice. She has helped many members of HT.

We can only express our own, personal, opinions.

fwh
I'd agree with fwh - there are so many issues here that a focussed, legal view is essential.

In my view (and please accept this is only my opinion and I am not in any way legally qualified) the majority of these complaints - if taken individually - are not in themselves major and some are perhaps not entirely the responsibility/fault of First Choice.

However, when all are considered together you clearly had a lousy experience and should expect some compensation.

I guess a figure to be approx. £50 per person plus the quantifiable costs of the items not provided or mis-supplied; I'm thinking the cost of headphones on the 'plane, the "champagne" that wasn't, the lower spec'd. room, loss of facility (jacuzzi) assuming this was stated in the brochure as being available.

All in all, I'd guestimate perhaps £200 in total; whatever is offered should be accepted only in cheque form and not vouchers.

Do ring Ros though.

Mike
Thanks for the replies

I cant really afford to seek professional help to be honest, which I would have if I had that option.

There are more complaints to do with this holiday, but we felt it wasnt directly caused by First Choice so didnt include these in the letter.

I think because all of them came together we thought we couldnt let them away with it, we were left to our own devices when our credit card got swallowed and had to get to a medical centre because the rep knew nothing about cyprus.

Im going to forward the letter to there regulators and see what reply I get. If im not satisfied then I might have to look into seeking help from a soliciter, But will give Ros a call for more advice.
As suggested have a chat with Ros she will explain their payment policy to you.
Dont be put off contacting Ros because of cost.After a holiday from hell last Christmas I wrote to the company involved and after weeks of phone calls and letters all I got was an£80 voucher.I contacted Ros and her wonderfull secretary Pam told me what paperwork I needed to forward to her. After 3 weeks I got all my money back.I had to pay Ros an amount but I still ended up with most of my money and certainly more than the £80 the travel company offered me.
I forgot to mention its a no win no fee.
No Choice of TV Channels on flight unlike misleading brochure
"You're Choice" Brochures all show individual screens and your choice of channels & movies, when in fact the very small screen is shared between four-five rows of seats and there is no choice at all, except wether to have your earphones on or not! The films were also not very suitable for young children, and its not possible to stop them watching
Correct me if I'm wrong - but I'm sure the individual seat-back TVs are only available on First Choice long-haul flights and this will be stated in the brochure. Cyprus is not long-haul.
Other than that, yes, you were treated quite badly and I wish you luck with your complaint and pursuit of any compensation/apology.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.