Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi and welcome to HT!

Unless the hotel description sepcfically stated there was aircon in the reception and restaurant then I don't think you have cause to complain just becuase you thought there should be.

Did you complain to the rep about lack of jacuzzi and hairdryer and if so, did you complete a complaint form in resort?

luci :wave
Thanks for the reply and the welcome
Yes at the time of booking we asked it it was fully air conditioned and said to the rep about the jacuzzi but didnt bother about the hairdryer...she never mentioned a complaints form and i didnt know to ask for one.The sunbeds had towels on them 24 hours a day we never got a bed in the 14 days of our stay had to watch the 7 year old sitting on a plastic chair at the side of the pool i also complained to the hotel itself and the rep but again nothing done and i wasnt the only one complaining about this it was ridiculous.
Please feel free to post a review of the hotel HERE

luci :wave
I've looked at the description of this hotel on the FC website and there's no mention of air conditioning apart from in the rooms. A superior room should have a microwave, coffee machine, hairdryer and Jacuzzi bath. If you didn't get these, perhaps it wasn't a superior room?

The first problem is that unfortunately you can only expect to get what is printed in the brochure. When accepting bookings, sales reps will tell you anything to get the sale.

The second problem is that complaints have to be made to the rep at the resort. This is always included in the travel company's terms and conditions, and is item 13 in FC's. It should be made in writing and you should retain a copy.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but rather that than you pursue a complaint that's unlikely to get anywhere. The only glimmer of light I see is in respect of not getting a superior room. What was the explanation for lack of jacuzzi, please?

Peter
i dont think you can complain and expect compensation, but i think it would be a good idea to write to first choice anyway, and voice your concerns........if customers dont let them know, then they cant do anything about it ( they proberbly wont anyway)

and if you paperwork states you have booked a superior room, and thats not what you got, then i do think you should get the extra you paid back.....

send all post recordered/registered, etc,

karen
cockroaches? honestly? They're not a sign of dirt, just part of the natural ecosystem you'll find in any of these countries. Try to enjoy your time together with them, such as collecting them, microchipping them and tracking them via gps around your hotel or resort, or collecting 2 or 3 together & racing them. Something like that really isn't worth complaining about, so not a good idea for including in any letter to the tour operator, however anything you paid for & didn't get would be.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.