Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Why anyone should be served food that is "out of date" seems rather strange, even more so that they should announce it.

All food has to have a best before date along with so many other products. They even have it on a ball of string. That does not mean it is in any way "off" or unsafe to eat.

You were not ill after eating it so what would you expect FC to do? No way do I see any possible case for recompense. You cannot even prove that the food you ate was one of those meals effected.

A letter of apology perhaps is all you can reasonably expect. If you have any ideas of financial recompense forget it.

fwh
Just showed my OH this, he works for the company that are responsable for catering FC. He would like to know if the OP had heard of a joke???!!!! :que Food is NEVER loaded if it is out of date, the repocusions for the airline and catering company are beyond thinking about!!! All food is checked by the caterers before it leaves for the plane, and the loaders when it delivered and handed to the flight crew. I am with Pippa on this one.
ok guys, thank you for the feedback, it's great. Where would I get the complaint email or address for the complaint deptartment, I've tried to find it on the internet but couldn't find it can someone help me with this also
Customer Services
First Choice
Diamond House
Peel Cross Road
Salford
Manchester
M5 4DT
thanks alot guys really quick replys, good work
There is a difference between "best before" and "use by" date. From a food safety perspective the former can legally be sold/offered whilst the latter is a big no-no.

Mark :)
He would like to know if the OP had heard of a joke???!!!!

My thoughts entirely.

Peter
Even if this was true, it would just be their word against yours. :que
that is very true but I believe that there will be other similar complaint for the same flight as a few people went mad on the flight, but all I can do is wait and see and send my letter off to them this week
Just a thought.... if it is true, it's possible they may have been referring to the packs of crisps, chocolate etc that they serve on the airlines now?

CwB
Question! Is the OP considering a claim for some sort of compensation or just wishing to write a strong letter of complaint?

If the latter then I would fully support them, I am confident that any foods served would not be out of date. I do have a sense of humour, however I can see how some people could be concerned.

If the former then I only see months of silly correspondence - achieving what? Reference has already been made about the compensation culture that seems to apply these days. What chance have we in getting TOs to improve their customer service and be more open and helpful if they are constantly being bombarded with frivolous unwarranted claims. They will simply retire behind the barrier of the current appalling customer service they have at present - and who can blame them?

fwh
Would the second "meal" service on a FCA Jamaica flight not just be light refreshments? I think we are talking about a cake or sandwich or bar of chocolate rather than a cooked meal which would normally be the first meal service on this flight.

I would question a claim for compensation. If you just want to write a letter of complaint over the matter then I guess that is a personal decision if you have the time to spend on such a matter. I think I would rather move on in life.
Emmarushuk,

Unfortunately food is sometimes loaded that is out of date, this summer there has been numerous problems with the cheese sticks on meals, the snack boxes we sell onboard... i've even had the unfortunate luck to have a customer present me with a mouldy cheese the once :yikes

So to say food is never loaded when out of date is incorrect- to say mistakes sometimes happen and food loaded when out of date would be more accurate- luckily most dates are quite prominent and in most cases crew can spot them before the customer gets it.
Ill stick to flying from STN then!! Hubby has to manually check everything and often comes home moaning about perfectly good food that has been chucked because it only has a week left!! Perhaps this practice is known from other airports.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.