Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Well got to the bottom of it eventually!!
Called them tonight, First I actually got a message saying lines are very busy can you please try later (Could they not have done that in the first place?).
Anyway then I redialled through to payments, to check my balance due (as she made it clear this was only for payments). Then she said you need a top up balance of a further £50 per person, which I checked is this coming off our current balance not an extra. No we need to top up as we have not paid enough, even though our deposit is £540.00 and balance paid before 19th May. No where at all on any statements, policy, receipt did it mention a low deposit, followed by another deposit, followed by another deposit! If it did it would have been paid (unless they have raised the deposit limits now, but all they needed to do was email, or send a request to people. I'm not bothered, the holiday has to be paid at some point, but I do feel they need to get their act together.
You can always go to say no to 0870 numbers online. I use this all the time. :tup
I had the same sort of thing but through an email.
It said something like 'as you only paid the low deposit you have now missed the payment date for the remainder of the deposit! Please pay it within 7 days or risk losing your holiday! It also said I'd been sent two reminder emails but I hadn't.
Anyway the new ballance of the whole holiday was £2.98 more than my original quote. Now I know it's only a couple of quid but that isn't the point. Infact I probably spent that arguing with them on the phone as it's 5p a minute and leave you on hold for ages.
Anyway in the end she got it to the proper price and I paid the lot! (which in my case was only £700)
But I think lots of people will be in the same boat!
If you need to ring First choice or Thomson ring 02476 28 28 28 and asked to be put through to the FC or Thomson call centre.
This is charged as a local call.
I dont understand how they can ask for three deposits. :que

I can understand low deposit and top up to normal deposit level, but what is the third one all about ?
What this holiday booked in one of the first choice shops or via the internet
It was booked on FC website , But FC shopsps refuse to deal with FC website bookings? It's not a bargain basement is it? I hardly call £2,500 holiday , 6years running booking with FC cutsomer, somebody they want to lose?
I had a similar problem with my holiday last year, i booked this holiday at the new travel shop based in the holiday village in turkey and was told by staff there that you can go into any uk shop and they will be able to assist you if any problems issue's etc, this was not the case my local F/C shop manager was very good trying to resolve any issues for me etc, but i had to ring the 0870 number, on all bookings now i go via my F/C shop who always matches the internet price.
A deposit top-up is due 8 weeks from today. This is £150 per person for longhaul holidays and £100 per person for all other holidays, excluding infants. The remaining balance is then due on Tue 19 May 2009
What happens now

This is part of the original email we received after we booked low deposit (In December actually not Januaray). But when we paid our top up amount in January, we were only told to make it up to the £540 which is norma,l before you pay your balance mid May. Why did they not just take it then?
I admit we have never booked with a low deposit before, as you never usd to get that option online.
I don't know, but I am still waiting for confirmation of payment.
Is Egypt classed as longhaul? I thought it was European.
Well I am happy to say that I recieved my (extra) top up deposit confirmation yesterday. One snag was that they want the full balance paid by 5th May 2009. Okay, so why do your last 2 statements say balance due by 19th May :que Think I best pay the end of April, after all it might take me a week to get through to 'Payments'.
One snag was that they want the full balance paid by 5th May 2009. Okay, so why do your last 2 statements say balance due by 19th May

Thomsons did that to me last year. I was withdrawing the final balance from a savings account that I had to give notice for, the funds would have been available in time if they hadn't moved the goal post.

Although your invoice is supposed to form a contract its not worth the paper its written on if they can just cancel the holiday you've been looking forward to even though its them that's in breach of it by changing the final payment date.
Hi anybody still waiting for tickets to arrive for any of the first 2 weeks July?

I am fed up. FC tickets usually send at least 3 weeks in advance. Despite 3 phone calls and being fobbed off, that they will be here within the next couple of days (for the last week!).
Today they told me if I don't recieve them by one week before departure, they will have them printed at the airport!! I don't want that. I am informing them now, in plenty of advance that they have not arrived. I do not want my holiday to turn out like something you watch on TV 'Airport' etc. Mind you we did only book it last in December :think

Every step of this holiday has been a nightmare this year.
I prey they turn up by end of this week as we leave on 14th
Where are we meant to go if we have a problem with FC? The shops don't want to know because you book on FC site. The phone line, the staff just seem to tell you what you want to hear. We have had 3 different despatch dates so far, so someone is lying somewhere. Then my sister tells me there is usually a fee for having tickets printed at the Airport. Does anybody know if this is true?
The worse thing is we are travelling from Coventry to Gatwick, so why should we then have to worry about going and getting our documents printed, before we even check in? Do you think giving Ros a call at this stage might be an idea, though I doubt she can help at this point, until they are not sent at all?
I'm really starting to panic. Any suggestions please :que :cry
Hi Beth.
Sounds like a bit of a nightmare !

We had a similar problem - couldn't make any payments online, couldn't get through on the 0870 number.
We went up to our local "Holiday Hypermarket". Staff on the desks were "not a lot" of use (you've booked online- we don't get involved) till we spoke to a manager who advised them that their systems had recently been upgraded (his words) so that they could take payment/book extras/etc for internet bookings.

Might be worth speaking to someone senior in store...
Beth, I have a suggestion - please try and stop worrying! Sorry, but I think you are stressing far too much if you are thinking about speaking to a solicitor about tickets.

Usually there is a charge for Ticket on Departure for holidays booked last minute when it would be too late for TO to post them, however this is not the case with you and you wouldn't have to pay. I have collected tickets at airport a number of times and it has been pretty straightforward procedure , you just need to allow yourself a bit of extra time. The tickets and everything are all there waiting for you at the FC desk and you just need to take your booking documentation with you.

I know it's hard to relax when you just want to have the documents in hand and hopefully they will come through this week. I'm going away on Monday and we just received our tickets yesterday (not travelling with FC) so there's still plenty of time before 14th for them to arrive. Hope you enjoy your holiday.
Back in February when we had snow - seems strange to talk of that when the thermometer is climbing off the scale we had problems with our tickets not arriving. Thomson had problems when they in effect shut down for two days because staff could not get into work. Then there was a problem with Royal mail having a big backlog. In the end our tickets did arrive with a few days to spare.
I would not worry as there is still plenty of time. It is easy to complain that the TO has given a date and nothing seems to happen. The person you speak with has been given information by someone else who never has to talk to the customer. The postal service also has problems so things just get even more fraught.
TOD is no problem and in cases such as tours is free of charge.
I was worried last year when all we had was a scrap of paper with a number on (Cosmos) but I just gave the number at check in both here and in Malaga and had no problems.

fwh
Thanks for your positive comments. The reason I worried is that we are nine years consecutive travellers with FC, never had this problem before and never had to pick up from the Airport before. I guess you just want every thing to run smoothly when you have booked with a decent compnay as big as FC (hence why we book with them). But I guess they even have their delays. I was more concerned that they had been lost in the post.
Anyway on a good note, my tickets to see Oasis in concert next Tuesday have arrived, so thats one thing sorted :)
Hi Beth :wave: Have just phoned FC as we go in under 2 weeks and haven't received tickets. Was told that if we don't receive them 4 days before we go, phone again and we will have to pick them up at the airport.

Same thing happened last year with Mytravel, despite booking over a year in advance, had to pick them up at the airport. It wasn't a problem but I do like actually having them and checking beforehand.
hi
i have also had similar problems this year with FC, booked online but could never pay online(cos of the merger) blah blah and now with just over 2 weeks to go not yet recieved tickets, rang them tues to be told that they have been issued and should be with me in 1-2 days so thurs ring them again to be told they were issued at the weekend but probably not posted till tues or weds but they ARE on the way to me and if i havent recieved them within 5 days to go to ring them and arrange tickets on departure, im not panicking about it...yet! but also not really happy about it either as normally get tickets 3-4 weeks before we go,

so fingers crossed they will be here soon for all of us waiting :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.