Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
We had a complaint with First Choice and it took exactly 8 weeks till they made us an offer, although they acknowledged our letter after 4 weeks. If you have problems getting through to them I've got a direct number to their customer relations department that bypasses all that queuing. Let me know if you want it.
Bridd
:D Chazy - Most tour operators are the same!! When you write to them with a problem, they never rush to answer (It's a different matter, when they are wanting the remainding balance payed - you can bet your last quid you get a letter a couple of days before balance is due!!!!)

I wrote to Direct on the 31 August, and received a letter saying they are looking into the matter, and would reply within 35 days. Guess what? I'm still waiting after 64 days!!! It's in hands on solicitor now, so they won't be able to fob them off so easily.

I hope you hear from them soon, and get a satisfactory result. All the best. BBB
I had a complaint with F/C back in 2000. There first offer was £50 (in full and final settlement :roll: ) I sent the cheque back.

This went on for about 3 months with them taking about 2 weeks between each correspondense and I eventually settled for 50% of the cost of the holiday ie £750.

Let us know how you go along and we we'll be here for you.
Chazy,

If they send you a cheque at any point and you feel it's insufficient DO NOT BANK THE CHEQUE in the belief you'll be able to press for more. Banking a cheque will usually carry with the acceptance of their Full and Final Offer and you'll not be able to pursue further.

Keep the check, write back and tell them it's insufficient and ask them to send the additional amount you require. Only when you have the TOTAL value you require should you cash all the cheques together. Make sure the first cheque(s) are still valid before you cash them.

Good luck - do let us know the outcome.

Mike
:D thanks for the replies

I got a letter today in which FC addmit that after viewing the video evidence they believe we didn't get the service we should have however, they then insult me by giving me a £200 voucher :evil: that doesn't even cover the £300 transfer to another hotel fee we had to pay :x they are getting this voucher back plus I am now deciding if I should go though arbitration or see a solicitor, I will go with the cheapest :D

thanks
chazy x
Cahzy

Have you spoken to Ros Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor - her number is 01922 621114

Kath HT Admin
thanks Kath

I will give her a ring tomorrow :D

bev xx
:D thank everyone

Kath I just wanted to say thank you for your advise to ring Ros about my holiday complaint :D I have just contacted her office and although Ros was out I spoke to a lovely lady and she has agreed to take on my case :D

thanks again Kath

bev x
Nice one. Good old Ros to the rescue again. :D
Hi

Just thought I would give an update re the complaint I made to First Choice last year. Thanks to this site and the recomendation of Ros Fernihough{SP] Solicitors I am in the process of taking First Choice to the small claims court :lol: First Choice have breached at least 2 laws re package holidays and according to Ros we have a better than good chance of winning :D

A big thank you to all the lovely staff of this forum and the fab free advice available here :D

chazy xxx
Thanks for the update chazy. I have merged your latest post with the original topic, so that members may follow progress since last year.

Best wishes for a satisfactory conclusion.

David :wave
Hi peeps

I made a complaint to FC in 2004 from a bad experience. I pursued a claim against this company and their first offer was disgusting. I then took it to ABTA who quite rightly offered us a 'decent' offer considering.

Good luck to anyone who must make a complaint against any travel company. To be fair, this was our first complaint made in 20 years, hopefully the last one :D

Kazee
Hi

I have had a recent complaint regarding First Choice. They admit that the level of service I received was not acceptable, however they have only offered a £50 voucher and £47 to cover a nights stay in a hotel that I had to make. I have told them that the voucher is unacceptable as due to my experiences with them, I will not travel with them again. They have refused to replace the voucher offer with a cash offer. I have therefore referred the case to ABTA. This was approximately 3 weeks ago. Could anyone please let me know how long ABTA normally take before responding to you?

Thankyou

Vonmac
Hi Vonmac, ABTA will reply within 28 days. It may take a couple of months for clarification on the amount due, but hang on in there :wink:

:gluck Kazee
when i sent all my papers to abta they took about 25 days. i did ring them though and confirm they got the letters and they gave me a ref. number should i need it and also they told me that they were in the middle of replying to me and gave me an estimated date to recieve my reply. maybe you should call them too. they wrote to my tour operator and within days i had a letter offering double my original offer. abta certainly put the fireworks up them!
Hi again :D

My claim is now officially{SP] lodged in my local small claims court :D I wonder if First Choice will let it go all the way to court? :roll: we will wait and see and I will let you good peeps here know the outcome.

thanks again to all

chazy xxx
Hi

Thankyou for the information relating to your experiences with ABTA. I will contact them by telephone just to check that they have received all the details. Glad to hear that they solved your matters for you and hope they are helpful to me.

Vonmac
Thanks Chazy for keeping us informed. I'm sure we all appreciate the feedback.
Well done.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.