Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
We've just come back from 2 weeks in Gran Canaria with Eclipse. Cost us £1301 for 5 adults in a 2 bed apartment, thought that was a good price for 5 people in July so will be looking to book with them again.
ive been told that if you get a price off eclipse then you should phone first choice tell them and they will beat it i wish i knew this earlier i would of tryed it myself so all you people who are going to book soon give a try
ive been told that if you get a price off eclipse then you should phone first choice tell them and they will beat it
I tried this a while ago, I got a price from Eclipse and went into our local First Choice travel agents. They would not beat the price, however they would at least match it, but they would be unable to offer any kind of low deposit deals on such an agreement.
With eclipsedirect you also get a little extra off any further holidays in the year. I think this is supposed to be the calendar year but I have successfully argued on 12 months (by one day) and received the extra money off.
We did want to book through the travel agent but although they would match the given price they could not match the extra £50 and £60 that we got. Not much but it all helps bring the price down.
once you have booked your second or third holiday you have to phone eclipse with the reference numbers. This can cost nearly as much as the discount if you get the phone runaround they were giving earlier this year!
Hi, booked my holiday for 2007 with eclipse direct.

Have you booked through eclipse direct, if so what did you think?

I no they are patnered with first choice but i'm just checking that everthing is still the same to if i had booked with first choice.

We have booked Premier seats as were off to Dominican Republic, are there any changes with that as we have booked with Eclipse?

Any Info would be great

Thanks
Absolutely every part of your flight/holiday will be the same as those who've booked with FC, no difference at all.

Same flight, same rep, same transfer.

Pippy :D
Yep- as Pippy says no difference what so ever. We've done long and short haul with them and it's FC all the way.

Pam
Sorry you are wrong, there is a big difference--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- the price is usually cheaper :lol:
Booked for the first time with Eclipse, got the written confimation after 5 days and the tickets in 11 days, and not going for another 25 days, so very happy with the service up to now

Rosie
We've just booked our 2007 holiday with Eclipse after having gone with FC for the previous 3 holidays.

We met families on holiday last year who told us how much cheaper their holidays had been than ours and we had thought we had a good deal!

I checked with FC, travel agent and Eclipse over a period of 5 days before booking and Eclipse were always cheaper. Travel agent was over £500 dearer and that was after they had supposedly given me over £300 discount.
hi we want to book a holiday with eclipse, but every time we keep checking the price keeps going up by £30.

We phoned to ask them why this is but the queue was too long to wait in, so does any one know how this works, as much as they keep going up will they go down at all?

really want to book but dont want to do it then they go down can any 1 help?

Many THanks
I remember a travel agent telling me that every time a particular holiday is 'costed' this automatically gets noted on the computer system and if there is a lot of interest in that holiday the price automatically increases.

I wonder if the fact that you have checked that particular holiday a few times will be logged on your computer and the cookies will be passing that information to their computer so that may increase the cost, try clearing your cookies and see if that makes any difference :shrug
really want to book but dont want to do it then they go down can any 1 help?

I think this is just a chance you have to take I'm afraid, prices do fluctuate :? If I were you, I'd get the holiday booked :wink:

Pippy :D
How do you get a brochure sent out from Eclipse, have looked all over the web site and still cant find it! Do you have to ring them? Have already booked to go to a holiday village but would love the brochure on Holiday Villages.
Thanks
Hi Laudan

You have to ring and request a brochure - Call 08702 432 432 or you can down load an electronic copy - http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk/brochure/
Thanks for quick reply, I will give them a ring. I have down loaded an electronic one but find it easier reading all the small print when its in front of me and I like to take the brochure with me. Thanks again.
You can pick up a First Choice brochure from any high street travel agent. Eclipse is the same company and the brochures give the same information, actually, the First Choice brochure gives a bit more info on Holiday Villages because it's their 'own brand', or you can pick up a Holiday Villages brochure from your travel agent :wink:
i have just priced 2 holidays, one for dominican rep another for sharm, egypt, and with eclipse they both came out dearer......
Is there anywhere on the Eclipse web site that gives you a break down of your holiday costs. I have been pricing a few holidays and although they list the total price and any discounts they have gave you I cant find a break down of all costs (flight supp, room supp, adult/child prices etc).
Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.