Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
First Choice would not class this as a "major change" unless the hotel they want to move you to is of a lower rating than the original. However, everything's negotiable so go for it. Let us know how you get on.
Bridd
we were booked to go to pp next may but we had booked a seaview family room.we found out that there were not any seaview family rooms actually built.we then went to FC and told them that,and we booked another holiday(£1000 dearer!) without any amendment charges.we just told them we wanted to change,we could also have cancelled if we wanted.Hope this helps
Debbie
Called first choice. Apart from a 10 mins delay in answering the staff were really helpful. Changed holiday to Mexico - no amendment fees. All sorted out efficiently and helpfully.

I've not just been reading about their upgraded star class longhaul flight service - sounds good. Can't wait!
We came back from Cuba in Jan and loved it so much that we thought we would take our 2 daughters in October.

We had however, already booked a holiday to Skiathos with them for August, this was booked ages ago, last August I think.

I chose the hotel and dates and the cost for the new holiday was almost 3k more than the Skiathos holiday. Si I sent an email asking if they would waive all the extra cancellation/change charges seeing as I would be spending so much more money with them

Guess what - They said NO!

How Stupid is that! They have lost out, not only on this money this year but also my loyalty a bit - i was really disappointed.

What also makes it stupid is that when i booked my holiday to SKiathos last year i had a query while doing it online and phoned the helpdesk, she tried to get me to book with her there and then but when she gave me a final price it was 400 more than what i had on my screen! so i booked online! That holiday is now sold out, but the same holiday going four weeks later (out of school holidays by over 11 days) is on sale for 600 more than i paid!

I'm not a business person but don't you think they have been a little short sighted?
Hi Sarah
Did you try to do this recently. Sometimes I think it is worth giving these thing another try. Often it seems to depend on who answers the phone. I know that makes companys like FC sound really unprofessional, but from what I see reported on HT it seems a bit hit and miss.

A different person might pick up the phone who hasn't made a sale that day and be prepared to waive the admin fee for a much larger sale. After all why are you any different from planetF1 who posted above you. It just doesn't make sense. :hmmm

I agree with you though. How stupid. They are now risking losing your custom forever.
I think i may try again actually!

I need to start trying to convince my other half first!

To anyone who has actually got a Eclipse brochure worldwide edition, do browse through the choices on their website as they have more hotels on there than they do in the brochure!

I have travelled with them a few times and apart from this silly sort of "jobsworth" attitude to a possible change I have found them to be 100% proffessional, very very helpful and have recommended them highly.
I had a card through my door today telling me my new (Summer '07) Eclipse brochure would be on it's way to me 'shortly'! :hyper :hyper
I had a card through my door today telling me my new (Summer '07) Eclipse brochure would be on it's way to me 'shortly'!

:D yay!!!!
I've got 2 holidays booked with Eclipse (Gran Canaria in 31 days, and Fuerteventura next Easter) so hopefully I'm a 'regular customer' and I'll be one of the first to get the new brochure - if not, I'll be browsing online anyway. As far as I remember last year, First Choice went on sale about a week or so before Eclipse :x probably a scheme to get people to pay the higher First Choice price before they could see the direct-booking discounts with Eclipse :roll: If First Choice are reportedly going on sale 12th April, then Eclipse will probably be online just as I get back from Gran Canaria (23rd April) so that works out nicely 8)
We're a right pair aren't we?! :wink:
:lol: I was actually looking through this summer's FC and Eclipse brochures last night, to see which hotels I like the look of, so I can make a kind of shortlist to look out for in the new brochure :roll:
Hi,FC and Eclipse07 out on the 13th of April, hope that helps.
I am having terrible problems contacting Eclipse by phone.
We go on holiday with them to Cuba next Wednesday and I booked the "previous day" check in service (for £5 each!! ) some while ago.
The agent who I booked with,told me that I would receive a printed acknowledgement which I would need to present when using the advanced check in.It still hasn't arrived and I have been trying for 3 days to get thru to ask for a letter to be sent; I have also e-mailed but no response.Are there any other ways of contacting them??
If I just turn up on Tuesday afternoon without any confirmation will I be allowed to check in?Anyone had similar experience?
:cry:
There will be a list at the airport of people checking in the day before departure. The letter you recieve is confirmation of payment in the event of a dispute at the airport.

You should be able to contact Eclipse with no problem on 08705010203 (reservations)

If you cannot get through on the pre-departure number which you have then you will need to phone the above number which generally is for reservations only. If they question why you are phoning via the res number then explain you cannot get through on any other number.
Thanx - I'll try the reservation number tomorrow if I can't get anywhere with 0870 757 2757!!
That is the number for the airline dave.

If you want to speak to them they are usually very busy. Come to think of it, if you want a letter of confirmation - the airline will be the only people that can issue it to you.
Scotlad,
finally got thru to someone who sorted it out - God knows where she worked - I was transferred 4 times and was left on hold for nearly an hour!!
The letter of confirmation was sent 1st class yesterday and arrived this am (with the date 21st March on!)
Ta for all your help;I didn't fancy travelling to Gatwick on Tuesday pm only to be turned away.
Hello Pippa and cyberspacekadette.

I too am an Eclipse regular, but at the end of February I hadn't received my Winter 07 brochure from them through the post. I rang the brochureline and was told that brochures had to be requested and they were not just automatically sent out. They asked if I had received a flyer but I hadn't. So don't hold your breath for a brochure - do what I'm going to do - ring them on the 12th April and get on the website!!
Yep, I'll be heading straight for the website too, cheaper than the brochure :wink:

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.