Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
edhall,

Sorry to hear about your problems. You'll have been sat on the overwing exits on the Boeing 737-300 will you? These aren't as roomy as your normal exit rows at main doors, but they're roomier than your average seat on that aircraft type. I agree with you though, not as roomy as you would expect for an extra legroom seat (row 1 A/B/C are the ones to get!).

Darren
Booked a vacation with them for this March for the Maldives (Fihalhohi).
I have never travelled with them and would like to know any comments on their organization and customer care. Price was great !
Thanks
Elefio,

Welcome onboard :tup
I use First Choice quite a lot and have never had any problem with them. I'm off to Kenya with them in a couple of weeks. Customer care has always been good and flights are excellent. There's loads of information on this thread as well as the Firtst Choice thread over on the Tour Operator forum. I'm sure you'll have a great time with them :tup

Darren
Hello everyone, we fly out to Kenya on March 13th and my good lady was wondering if we could have a couple of questions answered if possible please, the flight codes are FCA 076 ( outbound) and FCA 077 ( on returning home ) Gatwick - Mombasa + Mombasa - Gatwick

( 1 ) is the any chance of getting a photo of the interior , we have paid for the upgrade
( 2 ) What sort of aircraft is it , we've been told its a "Boeing 767/300er but with Boeing 777 interior. Naturally this seems confusing. Again any photos would be greatly appreciated. Or even a website where we could see some would be great.
Thank you in advance to anyone who may be able to assist.
johnsq22,

Your flights are operated by an ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER. As First Choice have now merged with Thomson, we tend to use the Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread these days. If you have a look at my recent post to Elefio at the top of page 159, you'll find all the information. Please note your flight numbers have changed due to the merger. The FCA flight prefix is no longer used as all flights are now operated under Thomsonfly's air operators certificate. Your new flight numbers are TOM077/8. First Choice refurbished their long haul fleet at the end of the summer 2005 season ready for the winter long haul programme, along with the intoduction of further aircraft brought in from Vietnam Airlines. They had the new style interior fitted which is Boeing 777 style, hence what you'd already established. It just means they have the newer style overhead lockers and seat back IFE system found in the larger 777.

Darren

PS I'll see you there, I fly out from Manchester on the 8th :tup
Dazbo5,

Thank you very much for all that information, very appreciated. Best wishes to you.
We prebooked our return seats from the Gambia with first choice. We booked with the resort rep (as the airport is a bit non technoligical) to ensure we sat together. At checkin we were not on the list, the checkin lady looked twice and I looked as well. I contacted First choice on our return asking for a refund for a service not provided. They replied with a letter starting 'Without Prejudice' stated we were prebooked, ignored a request for proof, and said it is our right to pursue if we want. The vast fortune I requested was £12. Says a lot about the Customer service (Litigation) department. I wouldn't bother to prebook again just to expand their 58% profit margin.
Hi

We are shortly heading to Orlando from Gatwick, and I am thinking about using day before check in as we will be overnighting nearby, although not having our luggage before the flight is not ideal.

I understand that for the flights to the US you need to collect the boarding pass in the morning in any case. Do you have to wait with other check-in passengers or is there a special desk. Also when are the seats allocated - the day before or when collecting the boarding pass?

Be grateful for help on this one

David
davidjpowell,

Welcome onboard :tup
Seats are allocated 24 hours prior to your flight departing so they're already allocated before you check-in. I can't comment on day before check-in as I've never used it.

Darren
I have used day before check in its very good not sure about USA boarding card, I am sure they would have a place to pick them up away from the main desk, and not make you stay in line with the people checking in.
  • Edited by David 2009-02-25 21:24:41
    Following the Thomson / First Choice merger and integration, discussion now continues in our Thomson Airways topic.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.