Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hotels don't usually have rooms that are self catering unless they are described as an aparthotel.

Does it particularly matter if it is an apartment in the grounds? You will still have use of the hotel facilities.

Pippa
Is it the Son Bou? This is taken from their website:
All Inclusive & Self catering:
Twin rooms sleep up to 3 adults (extra bed is a fold up bed or similar) and have air-conditioning, bath with shower, hairdryer, satellite TV (limited channels), safety deposit box*, telephone and a balcony.
One bedroom apartments sleep up to 4 adults (3rd and 4th beds are single sofa beds) and have kitchenette with microwave, 2 cooking rings, fridge, kettle and toaster, lounge/dining area, air-conditioning, safety deposit box*, satellite TV, telephone and a balcony or terrace.
All Inclusive available as a supplement in Self Catering Apartments.
Cots are available.

Have just checked and looks like if you book s/c they put you in an apartment. Is this it as it does state 1 bedroom

San Valentin Son Bou in Son Bou , Menorca View Details
1 x One Bedroom
Self Catering

and if you change it to h/b this comes up

San Valentin Son Bou in Son Bou , Menorca View Details
1 x Twin Room
Balcony, Private Bath, Shower, Toilet
Half Board
I don't know if I'm missing something here but I've had a self catering apartment within a main hotel block.
Which hotel is it, maybe someone might have stayed there and know the layout, you could also ask on the trip-advisor forum.
I`ve had a look at the San Valentin, assuming this is the accommodation we are talking about. Under accommodation details self catering is a one bedroom apartment with kitchenette etc. and an option of all inclusive in self catering apartments. Half board in a twin bedded room. Also described as 214 rooms in 12 blocks. Taking the booking options the self catering is described as one bedroom and half board as twin room. Based on this description I would be surprised to be in the main building if I chose self catering in a 12 block accommodation.
Unless the apartment is MILES away from the hotel facilites, then I would think an apartment is better than a standard hotel room.....you are likely to have more space, a table and chairs, sink, fridge etc........

or am I missing the point?
I just feel a little bitter.

There is no mention of 'apartment in the grounds' for self catering on the FC website.

Perhaps I'm over-reacting.
hi Sam
I've had a look at FC and they do state it is a complex consisting of 12 blocks. You are in part of the hotel and do have full use of the facilities.
info given on FC
You have the added advantage of a lounge/dining area as well.
I'm not sure what the worries are? Did you think you were going to be placed miles away from the hotel? If that is the case then you needn't worry :D
I agree I would rather stay in an apartment as you will have far more room and the facilities should you wish to cook, which you won't have in a hotel room. In fact on A/I there you have to pay extra to stay in an apartment rather than the hotel. Karen
Is it the Son Bou Gardens or the San Valentin Son Bou that you have booked :?:
Does the booking confirmation actually say you're getting 'an apartment in the grounds', what makes you think it won't be an apartment in the main hotel block?

It would really help if you told us which hotel you have booked
Is it the Son Bou Gardens or the San Valentin Son Bou that you have booked
Yes it is. Sorry I didn't mention it.

Its my own fault, I missed a line which should have made me realise S/C was in the apartments not the main hotel building.
All Inclusive available as a supplement in Self Catering Apartments.

Thanks for your replies, I'm feeling a bit :oops: for not reading it all which is unlike me
It is very easily done. You look for something that suits, and as you mentioned before you did put hotels only, so didn't expect there to be apartments as well. We have probably all done it ourselves sometime. ie not read everything. Anyway it looks like a very nice place so I don't think you will be disappointed. Karen
don't worry about it! We got you sorted :lol: Now you can start to look forward to your holiday :D
Don't worry we all have done it. Its one of the disadvantages of booking on-line. The other year I nearly booked a holiday that seemed a bargain was on the point of doing so then realised it was only 7 days not the 14 I wanted. :oops:

It worried me so much, that now I will only make the final booking if other half sits with me whilst I do it, on the theory that two heads are better than one. :roll:

Doe
And I know for a fact that the T/O's websites makes mistakes. Just last week I looked on Airtours website for next year as I had a £100 off voucher (I normally do DIY). I put the dates in etc and did a double take at the price for one of the accommodations. I checked and double checked, taking all the way to payment, and it seemed too good to be true. - Apart from one small thing.....the airport surcharge - it was a minus of £104! Never seen a minus airport surcharge. Soooooooo I checked the next accommodation in the list and sure enough it was a plus of £104 which would have added £208 to my original quote. So instead of my bargain £600 holiday for 2 for 2 weeks it should have been £800.

I didn't dare book it of course - having seen on here what can happen.
Thankyou all for your comments.

I should have known better and looked a little deeper. I've been to this hotel back in 2002 and stayed in the apartments with my children so I know what they will be like. At the time I realy liked the look of the main hotel and as this trip is just the wife and I this year I thought I would book it. We prefer S/C as we like to eat whenever and wherever we happen to be. I thought 'fantastic' they offer S/C in the main hotel, as you know I was wrong but the apartments are lovely too so I'm not too bothered.

I've even wrote my own review here. So much for me being able to offer advice on the place.

Anyway, not too long to go before I can enjoy a bask at Son Bou, an evening stroll at Cala Galdana then catch the entertainment at Cala 'n Bosch ( a fav haunt for Glynis if I remember right )
Stayed in Cala Galdana Siftersam not been to Cala 'n Bosh :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.