Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I am a little puzzled on the time frame here as you say the wedding was in February and you had a call when you got home. Have you done nothing about it until now?

By your own admission you were made aware that it was a low deposit scheme and balances were due. You were the one that chose to sign the agreement which is a legal document. You say you booked at the shop. I suggest you go back and discuss with them what your options are. Ask to speak with the manager and explain to them what you have told us.

fwh
i wasnt told i had to pay the rest of the deposits until i sign the agreement which was due 1 week before my wedding ,i am not well travelled this is my first time i book a holiday abroad , i was tricked into coming back to the store for this low deposit hoilday i would never have booked it otherwise ,i went to store to sort it out on a number of occasions but was told i had to pay even if i didnt go ,i said well i cant pay and left it as that ,i came back from honeymoon on that day the woman said if i can pay the rest of the deposits within 4 weeks because they have increased the date in which you can pay , i told her i couldnt find the 6 deposits of £130 didnt have the money available ,if she said in the first place i didnt need to pay until another 2 months later i would sorted something out . i m not trying to get out of paying for the hoilday i told her as soon i as signed the paper ,she could of cancelled the holiday if she wanted i told her that i stated on the first phone call that i wasnt able pay a large amount of this holiday as i was getting married ,i was looking for a deal for later on in the year , dont worry as we have low deposit holidays . ive not heard anything since that day ,i do wish to go on holiday but feel this mess im in cant book another in case this stirs up again if i do ,any help and advice would be most help full
Unfortunately if you signed something as you indicate you did, you should have read it first.

You would have been signing to say that you would pay the balance of the deposits by a certain date.

All low deposit schemes operate like this. The deposit may be £150 per person with the low deposit being £20 per person, but you must pay the balance of £130 per person in the time frame stipulated as it is a binding contract that you ahve signed up to. Normally about 8 weeks after you have paid the low deposit.

Your only hope if you still want the holiday is to plea to their better nature (if they have one) and ask for time to pay. You may get lucky as presumably if a lot of you are going then the total cost of the holiday will be quite a lot and in the current economic climate with travel companies struggling they may want your booking so much that they will give you time to pay rahter than just persue you for the balance of the deposit.

Good Luck. Hope it works out for you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.