Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Emma,
with regards to the flight times, there is nothing you can do. The flight times when you book are a guide only and can be subject to change. It is the customers' resonsibility to check the times on the tickets as these are the final times.

Not sure about your luggage allowance. Where did it state that your allowance was going to be 20kgs?
I phoned travel republic who said they would get in touch with goldtrail but they are closed today as it a sunday. I have just been on their website and their were open till 5 today!

Please don't confuse them being open for business being the same as open in all departments. Those taking bookings will be working but other departments will not.

As far as allowances are concerned the booking was made on the basis of a 20Kg allowance. This should not change even if they change airlines.

fwh
Thank you for the replys. i dont mind about the flight times its just the bagage allowance that has got to me!
under the impression that i had 20kg of baggage

If they told you 20kgs then you might have a good case. If you however just "assumed" it was 20kgs then not much you can do about it as some of the low-costs and charter airlines have reduced the base luggage allowance so that they can presumably look to surcharge those going over the lower luggage limit.
I think if you've changed airlines then Travel Republic will have to go by the 'new' airline's luggage allowance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.