General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Have been to the one in Majorca and it's lovely. We had a great holiday, one of the best ever. We're going to the one in the Algarve this year and can't wait. Have spoken to loads of people who have been to different Holiday Villages and they have said the same, and found no fault at all. The only complaint I have heard is that the HV in Turkey is abit of the beaten track but that the place itself is beautiful and transport runs regularly. We plan to do a few more while the kids are still young, they love all that goes on in the Holiday Villages and if the kids are happy then so are we. ;)
My point exactly, you will have a great time at the alto (holiday village) as it is now known, the apartments are huge and my boys spent most of their day in the splash park, which gave us adults a bit of quality time to relax.
If you are looking for ideas for days out zoomarine is great, something for everyone, we all liked the dolphin show, and the kids loved the fair.
Also their are a couple of great resturants that we found which good with the kids, their is a great american diner down the mini strip, tom and jerrys which is british owned and they love kids, also if you like chinese at the beach end of the strip thier is a great chinkie right on the roundabout you can't miss it .Hope you have a great holiday, I am sure you will :cheers
Have only been to the one in Turkey (last May). Although we have never been bit by a Mozzie before my husband and I got eaten alive, Ive got scars on my arms. Everything else was great and I would go back to a holiday village but not one built near a swamp!!!
Many thanks for the reply I think I will steer clear of that one then, mossies don't agree with me when I was in corfu I ened up smothered in bites, one of them was the size of a golf ball on my leg, ended up having to find a medical centre and getting it drained.Not a pleasnt experience! :(
We have been to the one in Lanzarote and had a fab time!! :)
Debbie what where your apartments like in lanzarote?, as the brouchure does'nt do it much justice.Also what is best self catering or all inclusive
many thanks vickie :cheers
We went SC as it gave us more freedom of choice. We did eat in the restaurant a couple of times and there was plenty of food and we just paid after the meal

The apartments were clean and spacious with fridge, cooker and microwave. Lounge area which also doubles up as a bed if you want an apartment that just sleeps four. Comfortable and not at all noisy. We would have no hesitations in going back there.
Thanks for your tips Vickie, really appreciated that. Can't wait to go now but have to wait till October :( When we went to book HV at the Algarve the First Choice guy in the shop had just come back from a meeting at the HV in Lanzarote and was really really impressed by it. He kept trying to sell this holiday to us and we might have gone had the flight times been better. I'm sure he said that the rooms had recently been refurbed.
went to holiday village in majorca last summer. rooms are big and clean, but be prepared to join the rat race if want a sunbed you have to be up at dawn to get your spot, then wait 2 hours for sunbeds to be unchained at 9am. If you want a table on the terrace at night after dinner to watch entertainment then its dinner at 6pm and on the terrace by 6.30, but the entertainment does not start till about 2 hours later apart from that it is lovely and the staff are great. :que
hi we have been to the turkey holiday village twice and had a fantastic time, only got two mozzie bites between the four of us, although did go prepared with mozzie spray etc.....the place is fanatastic, kids clubs excellent, rooms great, pools to die for. Friends of ours have just returned from eygpt holiday village and have also stayed at the one in majorca, both were great but preferred eygpt.
Thanks for all of your replys, i have heard a few storys about the hv majorca and the race for sunbeds etc, i don't think i could be doing with the hassle of that especially not in high season, i think i might give that a miss,
I think the hv in turkey looks amazing and if it was up to my boys to decided they would go just for the water slides alone!, but i don't no why turkey has never been somewhere that i have looked in to going, but i do have to admit turkey seems to price up much cheaper than most places.
At the moment it is a toss up between hv in lanzarote or spain(costa del sol), i would love to hear anyones veiws on the spainish one please, many thanks to you all
vickie :cheers
Whilst on holiday in the HV in Majorca last year we met about a dozen different people who had previously been to the HV in Costa del Sol, nearly all of them said that the costa one was miles better. Hope you chose a nice holiday village good luck xxxxx :cheers
Many thanks for all of your replys, I think at the moment i like the sound of the hv costa del sol, but i would rather go self catering, my only worry is that there are no resturants in walking distance, i have read you can get a bus into both resorts nearby, but i would love to no how late they run, if anyone can help that would be great. :cheers
vickie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.