Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
simmey,

It's something I've looked in to in the past, but never got round to doing as yet. It does sound appealing. I believe the transfer to Sharm is by air from Luxor (50 minutes). It was March I was looking at going as it's a little cooler at that time of year; averaging a comfortable mid 80's in March and mid 90's in April, but well in to the 100's May - September (for Luxor, slightly cooler for the coast).

Darren
Hi simmey :wave:

The transfers are done via coach which takes about 4 hours, however this is almost as quick as flying and certainly much less hassle, by the time you go through the various and strict security checks, x-rays, check in, more security, sit in departures, arrive at Luxor, wait on luggage .... you get the idea.
You leave the Red Sea resort early in the morning and arrive in time for breakfast on board the ship.

The boats used are the Ms Orchid, the Tulip and the Jasmin. The Orchid is fully All Inclusive while the other 2 boats are a mix of AI and HB.
The Orchid is also UK guests only while the other 2 boats have a mix of nationalities.

For a recent review of the Orchid and the cruise including prices for excursions see my latest post (dated Sun Mar 08, 2009) at the bottom of this page http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47977&start=20

March / April will be hot with temp's around the mid 80's - mid 90's, however a lot of the sightseeing is done early to avoid the midday sun.

Graham
Thanks for the replies and excellent review.

You've answered all the questions I would have asked next!!

I'm having trouble getting any info from First Choice website so went to travel Agents and they are having trouble getting info from First Choice by telephone so the holiday may have been withdrawn, I hope not because it sounds great (your review has convinced me)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.