Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
YES!!!! Lol! :cheers

Best Regards - Taggy
Thanks Taggy

Im buzzing now :) , first holiday without the kids aswell :cheers
If your friends are Benidorm veterans they should
know some good places.
Don't be put off by what you might have heard
or the high rise buildings ( I actually like them especially
at night when they're all lit up).
There is something for everyone in benidorm!
If you don't find somewhere you like or have a good
time you haven't looked hard enough!

My tip would be to have a stroll down the front
during the day, stopping for the odd refreshment,
have a look round the old town, then walk back
a couple of streets back from the front and weigh up
what's on where and which bars/acts you fancy.

I'm sure you'll have a great time :tup
rennie

Thanks for the info, yes my friends keep saying we will go here there etc, just been dubious because I have heard about muggings etc, but of course we will be on our guard like anywhere I suppose, im really looking forward to it now, and we are staying at the servigroup Venus :)
nice hotel.use your common sense like you would here.enjoy your trip.like said though walk round loads to see.take in the scenes.but get your bearings as well.
Hi Rennie yeh What gets me folk rave about the high rise buildings on holiday to America,but for some snob reason use it to slam good old Beni.Steve
good post that,all the high rise places don't even bother most people,especially as city planners have kept to making sure no one's pool gets shaded by neighbouring hotels
djwoody

Thanks, we will be looking all round benidorm and as our friends have been before they know exactly where all the good bars, restaurants etc are, just wish october was here lol :cheers
Don't be put off by what you might have heard
or the high rise buildings ( I actually like them especially
at night when they're all lit up).

I love skyscrapers and some architects who went on to become famous, they cut their teeth designing high- rise in Benidorm in the 60's and 70's. Benidorm has been classed as eco-friendly because it hasn't encroached too much into the surrounding countryside in 50 years or more, compared to other parts of Spain where they were losing the land at a rate of 3 football pitches a day to sprawling concrete developments.
Sorry to say that today IMO it isn't the high-rise that's the problem with Benidorm.

Sanji
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.