Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hi...i would recommend you have a look at Matoula Apts (First Choice) which are in Acharavi...its a lovely resort. :sun2
Have you thought about kassiopi? I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday there. Take a look at the resort reviews here
Our review is the 17th on the page ;)

You can see a few photos we took on this page
Good Luck with your hunt. I don't think you'll be disappointed in Corfu :)
Pebbley

Check out Agios Georgios north on the north-west coast of Corfu!
http://www.agiosgeorgios.co.uk/agiosbay.jpg

It is a quiet unspoilt laid-back sort of place in beautiful scenery with a huge long beach and lovely Greek countryside nearby. Admittedly it is not a 'shopping place' but Corfu town is always available by local bus or organised commercial shopping trip if you suffer withdrawal symptoms. The main pastimes are beach based ... lazing or water-sports, but walking (short or long) is also very popular.

There are only a small handful of hotels .. less than that actually.. but numerous small self-apartments and studios for accommodation.
Going independent is easy and much advice is available.
The only 'package hotel' from UK now is Costas Golden Beach available via Thomsons.
Theo's Hotel
was formerly with Thomsons but this year is going it alone and can be booked independently by email direct with the hotel. http://www.theoshotel.com. Both have excellent reputations for friendliness and have many returning guests.
The Belle Helene Hotel is available for direct independent bookings http://www.bellehelenehotel.com/main.htm.
Obviously Thomsons have organised trips for their guests but usually independent travellers can arrange identical trips (with collection) through San Stefano Travel based in Agios Stefanos.

For resort photos and information go to http://www.agiosgeorgios.info which has many pages of help for visitors regarding activity suggestions, walks, taxis, transport, nearby interesting villages, natural history etc. There is also an email link for you to contact the website for more information and assistance. Your questions are welcomed.

Dennis
Sidari is lovely, this will be our 5th year, we stay self catering at the lagoon studios and apartments just off the main strip of sidari, so quiet of a night, entertainment there every night as well, and the strip is a minute away, turn left to the canal de mar area, quiet bars etc or right onto the main strip, loads more bars, restaurants to suit everyone. If you want it quiet, you can get it or lively, we book with first choice at the lagoon, or try mimosa hotel, paradise apartments or 3 brothers hotel on the main strip, sidari has everything, the trips are the same on the strip that the reps do and are cheaper and very good, good luck x
Thanks for all the replies!

I think Im going to stick with Sidari.. and have picked the Alkyon (Alkion) hotel.. half board in August for 2 weeks is working out at £689 per person, dont think I can complain for that!
We went to Corfu 14th Aug 2009. Stayed at Nireas Apartments in Acharavi. No complaints about anything. Local bus takes you to Sidari or Kassiopi which is a short bus ride away. We walked along the seafront to Roda a lot of nights, a pleasant half hour walk. Every meal we had was excellent, too many to choose from. Matoula apartments next door to Nireas but we found ours better because it was quiter and more relaxed. Wherever you choose I'm sure you will enjoy!
i am also staying at the alkion hotel in august hope to see you and your daughter there
will be there from 9th to 20th august
look out for a gobby yorkshire man wearing a barnsley shirt lol
Will be in Sidari from 16th August for 2 weeks, Look out for 3 more gobby Yorkshiremen wearing Doncaster Rovers shirts :) :)
3 donny fans keepmoat will be empty then ha ha
THE PARADISE HOTEL IS IN A GREAT LOCATION AND HAS A LOVELY RESTAURANT...
liz mc

You should know the basic rules of posting.....

1) Do NOT post in all CAPITALS - Your post WILL be deleted.
2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.
3) Do NOT post in all Bold - Your post WILL be deleted.

please do not post in caps

wizard
Ooops sorry I never noticed until it was to late... xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.