Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi, welcome :)

It all depends on what you are looking for in a holiday. The North tends to have more going on. I don't mean clubs, but it is busier than the South.
I have heard people say it is cheaper in the North, for things like eating out, but i cant see it being too much more.

The beaches in the south tend to be quieter, but you will find quiet beaches in the North.

I personally go to North Goa, lots of things going on for a young family.

Whichever you choose you will not be disappointed.

Id recommend Candolim in North Goa :)
Hi we are bothin our 50's too,we are going on 6th march(can,t wait)This will be our 4th time.Our 2nd year did a week south then north for a week and it felt like going home!So many people remembered us from the year before even though that was our first visit(even the taxi driver stopped in the road even though he had a fare,to say hello)Like you we don,t really want clubs but do want a bit of life and good places to eat.We stay on Baga creek which is really relaxed,we like walking & usually walk the beach to Candolin,stoppin for a beer or 3,and walk back the main road always plenty to see and your on holiday so you can go at your own pace.I,m sure you will love it and will be talking about your next trip before the end of your holiday.Keep looking on this forum it's brill so much info.
manxcat
I assume from all I have read that most accomodation is B&B in Goa.
Where abouts inBaga Creek did you stay - would you reccommend it? Are there plenty of places to eat and drink? Can you eat on the beach there?
There is every type of accomodation going from all inclusive to room only. I did all inclusive when I first went five years ago and again when I took a friend but got VERY good deals each time. Otherwise I would say B&B as it is so cheap to eat. (Depending on what you want and where you go but still lots cheaper than here!!)
You can eat at all the shacks and food is usually good in them.

There are a few hotels near Baga creek, I've never stayed at them but I'm sure you will get plenty of replies on here about them all.

Goa is great and very addictive! :D
we stay at a timeshare place,but there are quite a places on this side of the river,as well as some nice restaurants.You have to cross the new bridge or if the tide is low you can wade over to the beach(it is so pretty with the colourful fishing boats)only takes about 5/10 mins walk,i think you get the best of both worlds,plenty of shacks on the beach to eat,and i'm always amazed how they can produce such good food.To be honest i wouldn't be bothered going AI there are so many places to eat and so cheap.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.