America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Well we think we're going to book the Menage hotel so now know whereabouts we'll be staying. Would still love to hear tips on places to visit ang things to see :)
Hello,

we have booked to stay at the hotel menage on our upcoming trip, you go before us though, the hotel looks really nice!! its our first time to LA and vegas so cant really offer any advice, just saw you may stay where we are going so thougght id leave a reply, lol.

however our plans are to go to universal studios, disneyland as this is walking distance from the hotel, also thinking a tour of hollywood, walk of fame, hollywood sign etc, maybe the stars homes & would also like to visit a beach. have you thought anymore about what you would like to do during your stay? so exciting!! :)
We tryed to get to the hollywood Sign,we was told to get real close have to walk up a very steep hill for about a mile walk it was too hot the day we was there to try it...so had photo taken in front of it on road below...we went up a side road and ended up a dead end hope you have more luck...was funny trying...

we took a star tours home trip from the mann's theater we really enjoyed that..depends who the driver is each trip is slighty different

we also booked up a trip throught the hotel to Orange country....took you on a boat trip and then shopping to fashion show mall which wasnt a bad trip at all,espically with a baby nice and relaxing....

dont forget 2 parks now at disneyland.....my 2 fav rides was in the califorina theme park the 2nd one....the soarin ride is outstanding and i loved midway mania...recommend those 2 rides

and if you have a spare day....really enjoyed knotts berry farm...with the world famous wooden coaster Ghostrider....

to be honest we was disapointed in universal studios after visiting thre florida one...bit of a let-down to be honest...but all different tastes...

hope you have both enjoy your trips..done san francisco vegas and LA twice now..both were great trips.
I have a friend that mentioned soarin, they went to the one in orlando though, i think its in epcot there? we must have missed it when we were there, but she was saying how good it was, im glad its in california aswell, i did see it on the parks website.... exciting!! where did you stay in LA? :)
we stopped a few miles in from anaheim in Buena park at the holiday inn hotel,its alot quieter there than anaheim and the service the hotel gave outstanding transport to knotts berry park,disney and the front desk fixed a private taxi up for us to go to walk of stars and we went to farmers market/grove at fairfax as well plus a trip down Rodeo Drive...Loved it....but beware the traffic from anaheim to downtown LA..can be really bad and take a while to get there and back..

Have a Great Trip...wish i was going back...

Plus Soarin....i think its outstanding went on 4 times this time again...videos on net doesnt do it justice...Great ride..
Thank you my friend also went on loads, im looking forward to it!! Thanks for your advice :)
To see the Hollywood sign, I would suggest going to Griffith Park Observatory. Not only do you get great views of the sign, but the observatory is free to enter, you get good views of the LA skyline (if it's not too smoggy!) and the park itself is nice to walk around. Now, you DO have to park and then walk up a hill to the observatory, but I think it's well worth it.
Soarin is a excellent coaster and extremely fast, hubby wouldn't go on it so i used his fast pass and got off it ran around the entrance and got back on. Tower of tower although they call it something different in Anaheim is very fast, my stomach was in my knees by the end. Much rougher and faster than Orlando.

If and when i go back i shall book into the menage, it looks nice and well suited to the kind of places visitors want. Anaheim is a good base and a lot of things to do. Buses pick you up to go to the parks and back and certain companies i know can take you to all the beaches in one day, universal, Seaworld, knotts berry, hollywood etc.
Soarin....not a Coaster......i think you getting mixed up with california screamin which is the coaster....dont want to put anybody off,soarin over california not a coaster..just a lovely effects ride..
I thought that when i read, my husband doesnt particularly like fast rides, lol, so he wouldnt be keen.... i was under the impression it was a motion ride thing? however i would be interested to know, if it made you feel sick? some motion type rides esp simpsons ride made me feel so sick!! lol. i know everyone is different, then when i kept seeing the signs on the rides about motion sickness it was kinda putting me off.... but my friend also said when they went simpsons made her feel sick but she loved soarin!! :)
i will also still let you know when we get home what we thought of the menage if you like? i am so excited!! :)
When the ride starts you slowly lift up into position and from there you dont move....it feels like your moving but the start when you lift up and over the golden gate bridge is amazing..if your hubby does get a little sick..he wont it's amazing just tell him to close his eyes he is not moving like the simpsons when the car is moving forwards and backwards..
ah thank you, roller coasters make him sick or feel sick, but the simpsons ride made me feel so sick, was not good!! lol :)
Is this the one that you are joined up in a line of silver chairs, if so get the fast pass, the lines were very long. It was a good ride but not the same as simulators that can make you feel queasy. The simpsons i thought was amazing, i do not like motion because of feeling sick, but loved it. There is another coaster down in the backlot of Universal that goes backwards, the ride is only about 12 secs long but great, there were no lines, so we kept on jumnping on it and going around again. cannot remember the name.
The ride that goes backwards is The Mummy ride. It also goes forwards too, though. It's longer than 12 seconds. I'd say it lasts a good minute.

The Simpsons ride is terrific. It's far superior to the Back to the Future ride that it replaced.
I agree the simpsons is one of the best experiences i had, we went on several times. I was worried about motion sickness but never felt anything.

The mummy, yeah it maybe longer than 12 secs :rofl but it went that fast someones false teeth nearly went down her throat ;) great fun though
Thanks for all of your replies :) We would love to do everything that's been suggested but just wonder what we'll be able to do with a baby. We both really like theme parks but I guess we wouldn't really be able to go on anything. Roughly how long are the tours of the stars homes? Think he'd probably sit through that :)
not really sure how long they last, i think theres different ones you can do, like hollywood tour which includes the stars homes, im going to have to see what there is when we get there. lol. i think if you make your own way to hollywood the stars home tours lasts a few hours, but we will be booking the tours from anaheim, so we`ll have to try & fit in as much as possible!! again see what suits us best when we get there.

i would think you would be ok at disney wouldnt you? i know your baby is only young, but im sure theres some things you can do & lots to see. that could be fun!

the boat trip someone else suggested & the shopping mall sounded good something else you could consider. :)
The star's Tours on the one we went from the mann's chinese theatre lasted about 90-100 mins....you go to bel-air,beveley hills then up to the hollywood hills and a stop off overlooking Downtown LA...Homes in bel-air and Beveley hills some you can see,others blocked by fences and bushes etc....But its worth seeing and doing...we all enjoyed it....if you really do want to see stars homes,make sure you are going on a mini-bus....a 52 seater coach gets nowhere near the homes where they live...just point out the areas..

And with the Baby At disney....you can take a baby with you and on most rides do a baby swap.....you go on the ride first with hubby/boyfriend looking after baby.....and end of ride you swap....just ask a ride attendant before you go on ride if its possible,most are very pleasant....

Where You Stopping in Las Vegas Bubble?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.